Sheffield mother and child housing association.

I've been trying to find information about a housing charity which operated back in the early 1970's. I've had absolutely no luck whatsoever.

I think the name of the charity was SMACHA (Sheffield mother and child housing association). I believe that the address of this particular house was 5 Broomhall road.

It was a beautiful house which had been converted into about 7 bedsits along with communal area's purely for single mothers and their babies.

Back in those days there was a firm of solicitors (Graysons) who were patrons, along with others.

I would appreciate any memories from anybody who knew of this wonderful charity and the work that they did.

Thanks in anticipation.

Purely  by chance,  my husband came across this forum and your query about SMACHA.   I was the last Secretary and my husband the last Treasurer of SMACHA when it closed in 2000.   If you would like to follow up further information, please contact me at fosterann422@gmail.com.