Did you work at Edward pryor

We went there when we were at school they gave us the lords pray engraved on a small medallion that could go on a chain around your neck could any one tell me if I could still get one

I've got one of those but I think it was some special promotion they could also print the Lord prayer on a pinhead.

I started working at Pryors in 1989 straight from school and I,m still there. I remember all of the names mentioned though most have retired. Yes "Ben" still works (turns up) at Pryors though the blonde curly hair is a thing of the past.:hihi:

A guy use to live opposite me called David Chapman that worked there.

My aunt and cousins husband worked there. Didn't they have a minor bird in the reception

I had totally forgotten this, I remember seeing the bird as a very small lad when my mum popped into see dad at work.

I can actually remember THE Mr Pryor as well, well dressed, always in a suit.

1973 to 1992 ish. Chemical engraving section but doing the photography. Finished at Pryorsign. Brinsworth.

---------- Post added 27-09-2017 at 19:24 ----------

I had totally forgotten this, I remember seeing the bird as a very small lad when my mum popped into see dad at work.

It was minor bird and used to tell everyone to F*** ***. haha

---------- Post added 27-09-2017 at 19:35 ----------

It was minor bird and used to tell everyone to F*** ***. haha

I worked there from may 1962 until January 1966. I worked in the engraving shop. A few more names that spring to mind from those days are :- Mick Shaw, Fred Bloor, Dave Sorsby, Eric Tyas, Arthur Hobson (chargehand) , Graham Peck. Can't say I really enjoyed it there and was glad when I left but I still have lots of happy memories.

Not sure if you can buy them, but if you email me your postal address to mick58ward@aol.co.uk I think that I have a few somewhere and I'd be happy to send you one for nowt. I had mine embedded into my walking stick, but I still haven't won the lottery

Not sure if you can buy them, but if you email me your postal address to mick58ward@aol.co.uk I think that I have a few somewhere and I'd be happy to send you one for nowt. I had mine embedded into my walking stick, but I still haven't won the lottery

You have a few? I thought they were 18ct gold and worn on a gold chain, mine is.

MMMM Never seen or heard of gold ones, mine are stainless steel. Maybe the gold ones came after I left in the late 1970's

I was an apprentice in the machine shop from 1965 to 69.

My name is Brian Cowling...ring any bells? ( milling section )

Our training officer was George Cooper . He was a goody-goody type.. gave a tenth of his earnings to his church if that helps..He was a nice man.

His brother Alf worked there also but was a polar opposite of George. He was made up to shop foreman just before I left and was quite strict. Must have gone to his head. He used to stand at the end of all the machines at 5 minutes to finishing time to make sure nobody washed off early.

Other names I remember were Jack Hardy ( tool stores boss ) who died before I left.

John Hazard...charge hand.

Phillip Berger and Kenneth Cook ( two apprentices set on same time as me.)

Byron Watson (machinist and shop steward) . I named my first son after him.

A guy called Ted..highly skilled bloke .worked on the milling section also...his second name will come to me after I post this.... ( just remembered..Ted Belk )

When I got to about 20 or 21 I left for a job with more money..to Ashow Engineering. .who paid most in Sheffield at the time

Over all I have fond memories of Edward Pryor and Sons.

---------- Post added 22-09-2017 at 20:23 ----------

What was you name? I was there at this time. .

I was an apprentice 1969 to 1973 and trained by George Cooper in the training school. He was good man and trained me well. I was a first year apprentice with Jan, Brian, Bob, Jeff, can't remember the others. The fitting shop included Melvin, John, Bill and the foreman was Dave Rayner. There were some very talented people in the drawing office including Keith, Stuart and Peter. I remember some interesting engineering jobs including gas bottle marking machine. Used to enjoy a pint of shandy at the Domino on hot summer lunchtimes.

---------- Post added 28-11-2017 at 07:14 ----------

I was an apprentice 1969 to 1973 and trained by George Cooper in the training school. He was good man and trained me well. I was a first year apprentice with Jan, Brian, Bob, Jeff, can't remember the others. The fitting shop included Melvin, John, Bill and the foreman was Dave Rayner. There were some very talented people in the drawing office including Keith, Stuart and Peter. I remember some interesting engineering jobs including gas bottle marking machine. Used to enjoy a pint of shandy at the Domino on hot summer lunchtimes.

Just remembered, Pryors had a small additional building in Broomhall that had offices, research lab and a canteen. I think old Ronny Pryor and other senior staff had offices there. The first year apprentices often had fish and chips there on a Friday.