Norton Retail Park - St James

It seems the rumours were true and that some of the site that Norton College was on is to be a retail park.

Living locally we recieved a card from the company who are redeveloping the site asking locals to attend to see plans etc. Unfortunately due to work comitments I couldnt go.

Did anyone on the forum attend? and what was in the proposals?

What do others living in the vicinity think about the proposals?

I was in queuing traffic at the Meadowhead roundabout last week. Crawled up to Hunstone Avenue and then didn't move an inch for 10 mins.

I look forward to this roundabout getting even worse if/when a retail park is built next door.

I was in queuing traffic at the Meadowhead roundabout last week. Crawled up to Hunstone Avenue and then didn't move an inch for 10 mins.

I look forward to this roundabout getting even worse if/when a retail park is built next door.

Thats what they need to know about at the meetings. I'm hoping they have another one and that I can make it.

M&S, Costa, a supemarket & pub / restaurant are being spoken of.

I have emailed the developers to see if they can let me know if they do have another meeting.

Any one with concerns need to contact their councillor /MP to voice concerns re traffic etc

So no one on here went to the meeting then?

We would have had to know about it to do so.

Might have been a good idea to start the thread before the meeting had taken place so people would know about it?

Or maybe give us the details so we can find out if its on the developers website?

Or maybe give us the details so we can find out if its on the developers website?

It's not on their website as yet, I found their details from the card we received.

I actually thought people living locally would have all had a card from the developers, otherwise I would have put it on here.

The developer is St James Securities, Leeds

Email

hellonorth@quod.com

For an electronic version of the proposals

Am I to assume from their email address that the developers are intending to turn Norton into hell on earth?

Have they knocked Norton college down then already ? is everything going, tennis courts, Graves centre etc ?

Have they knocked Norton college down then already ? is everything going, tennis courts, Graves centre etc ?

No, they are just consolidating the leisure centre off the college grounds so that can be sold off.

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/plans-approved-for-new-multi-million-pound-leisure-facilities/

Bring it on. The more retail outlets the better.