Expanding magic hose pipe

Anybody tried these new expanding hose pipe. Ive had 2 and both burst after a week very good to use at first but dont last. Does any one know a make that lasts or anything similar . Cheers the Spider :suspect:

I've had a couple of these expanding hoses and they are brilliant. The first one started leaking because I have to drag it over concrete, on grass etc it should be fine. If they have burst after a week return it to wherever you bought it from.

I bought one a few months ago and was fine until the connector for it bust. I took it back to bnq and they said you'll have to contact the company as they don't stock the parts anymore due to it being a known fault! They're still selling them I've seen them around. The guy at bnq recommended a different brand but didn't want to make the same mistake and pay another £30.

Did you get your money back

No, we couldn't prove it was bought from bnq as we didn't have the receipt any more. Sure it's exhose or something like that.

If you paid on your card take in a statement as proof, they can usually look it up on their system.

I'll have a check as I can't remember how I paid. Thanks for the info x

My neighbour bought one and his burst after a couple of weeks. I've just bought a new one from b&q but not one of those expanding ones.

My neighbour bought one and his burst after a couple of weeks. I've just bought a new one from b&q but not one of those expanding ones.

The trouble is once you have tried them the ordinary ones are horrible. Just bought a 30 mtr one from screwfix for £30 with a 3 years guarantee a lot stronger:hihi:

My first one only lasted one summer before the stretchy inner split and came away from the tap connector in a way that I couldn't repair. The one I have now is half way through its second summer, and I think I paid £14 for it from Ebay. Apart from feeling wasteful because I couldn't repair the damaged one, I prefer them to the weight and rigidity of big heavy hoses, although you do have to remember to let them drain properly after use to reduce pressure on the inner.

I've got a Hozelock one and it is really good. the cheap ones don't seem to last very long.

Hoselock was the one I was recommended after the exhose. Same price but a more normal adapter for if it breaks. Think I'll be going with that one next time!