PIP, waiting for the forms to arrive.

I filled my own out some years ago, had to send it to Leeds, I could have walked to Leeds and back if I was fit some year later I sent for a up date on my claim,and was asked why I did not claim at the same time as my first claim,because local advice centre told me I could only claim for one thing at a time,they cost me four years money when I filled my first claim out I took a copy of it, within a month they sent me another set of forms to fill in the only thing I put different was that I had a hearing aid fitted, they gave me full amount for life.

A good result in the end then, but it should have been sorted years before.

My DLA was for life, but of course PIP supersedes that now.

Angel1.

Good question asked in today's Prime Ministers Questions regarding someone with a list of illnesses as long as your arm, including cancer, who was unbelievably turned down at first assessment, and has now been waiting 56 weeks for an appeal hearing.

Hard to believe, but Mrs May tried to blame Labour.....

Edited by Anna B

Update. Three weeks since my assessment and the brown envelope dropped through the letter box. Here is the decision that may alter the rest of my life I was thinking as my missus handed me the letter.

Great disappointment, " We now have all the information we need to make a decision " was all it said.

I wonder if the people involved in making these PIP decisions actually realise that their decisions are life changing. In my case living in the sticks, the bus service is quite poor I am led to believe, but it is irrelevant as I could not walk to the bus stop any way. Bottom line would be, if I lost the mobility part of PIP I would be rendered house bound. Although I suppose that has no bearing on my award decision.

It's a rubbish system we are in, but hey ho those who are involved in this farce are getting well paid I suppose, and that's all that really matters in this system.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 25-05-2018 at 14:51 ----------

25/05/2018

Pip decision dropped through the letter box this lunch time.

Pretty bad news I'm afraid. Awarded the standard rate for care and the standard rate for mobility.

While the lady who assessed me at home appeared to be a "nice" Lady, I have to say that on reading my assessment results, she has told, the only word I can use is LIES.

I will not go into them on here, but we were amazed at 3 or 4 things she stated that were not a true record in any way, shape or form.

I was warned that these assessors look for things to mark you down, and tell plain lies about your condition. But as a decent guy I disbelieved them. How wrong can you be.

I know now I should have told lies about my condition and made sure I received the full payments of care and mobility. But I was brought up to tell the truth and to be honest. Seems honesty does not pay in this world these days.

Appeal going in ASAP. Let's see if I can be one of the 70% that gets the assessment overturned.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Good luck with your appeal, just watch for tricks like dropping a pen then casually say oh I’ve dropped my pen,waiting to see what you do.

Sad news, well for me anyway. Claim turned down again. The letter was almost a carbon copy of the first, just with a different name at the end.

Onwards now to the last chance saloon, face to face at the tribunal, or whatever it's official name is. Gather up all the evidence I can find, and send it in again. My mobility car is still with me, but if it goes before the tribunal, I suppose I could contact the Star Ship Enterprise and get it to teleport me to the hearing.

On a more serious note, my Doctor mentioned antidepressant tablets again. I think this ordeal, because that's what it is, is getting to me now. Months down the road and still playing ping pong with the authorities and no end in sight.

Angel1

Sad news, well for me anyway. Claim turned down again. The letter was almost a carbon copy of the first, just with a different name at the end.

Onwards now to the last chance saloon, face to face at the tribunal, or whatever it's official name is. Gather up all the evidence I can find, and send it in again. My mobility car is still with me, but if it goes before the tribunal, I suppose I could contact the Star Ship Enterprise and get it to teleport me to the hearing.

On a more serious note, my Doctor mentioned antidepressant tablets again. I think this ordeal, because that's what it is, is getting to me now. Months down the road and still playing ping pong with the authorities and no end in sight.

Angel1

Sorry to hear that Angel. But it's par for the course.

Now get ready to dig in for a long wait for the Tribunal. At the moment waiting times are over 12 months.

Yes it does get to you, very much so. It makes people even more ill. To do this to sick and vulnerable people is disgusting. I'd definitely consider taking the anti-depressants if you need them.

Just don't give up the fight.

Angel1

I don’t know where you are with your PIP appeal Angelfire, but a site I have used to successfully claim PIP and ESA for my daughter is Benefitsandwork.co.uk. They have very detailed guides about how to claim, what to write down, how decisions are arrived at, and how to appeal. Part of the site is open to the general public, but the guides are members only. Membership costs £19.95 for 12 months. My daughter gets ESA, support group, and PIP enhanced rate care and mobility. For me it was really helpful, and avoided having to go to tribunal/appeal.