The Greatest Rappers Of All Time

1. rakim

2. nas

3. immortal technique

4. kool kieth

5. guru

Did Kool Keith release a couple of albums under the name Dr Octagon - If so he would be at the top. Jurassic 5 also would be pretty close to the top.

Snoop dog the man still love doggystyle all these years later,great summer record.

Bumpin' an old thread ...

KRS ONE

Chuck D

DOC

Snoop Dogg

Dresta & BG Knocc Out

Phife Dawg

Ice Cube

Too $hort

Kurupt

In no order but they are all great

not posted in this before OO

some of my all time favourites

Ice T

Eminem

Rakim

Krs1

Ice cube

Skinnyman

don't really like much rap but The insane clown posse had an album out a few years ago called The Great Milenko, a mix of rap, sketches and skits.well worth a listen.

Won't argue with many mentioned so far, chuck d being stand out for me for sheer gravitas.

Having said that I heard a guy on Craig Charles a few Saturdays ago who was absolutely brilliant - a bit like old school de la soul but about 10 times faster, great fun. Little something? Waxy something? They were a duo the other name must have been on the decks. Better than a lot of twaddle passed as hip hop these days.

This reminds me of the old Chris Rock line.

"The country goin' to hell! The country goin' to hell!

You know the country going to hell when the best rapper in the world is white, the best golfer in the world is black, and the tallest guy in the NBA is a chinee!

The country goin' to hell!"

I forgot to mention Melle Mel he is one of the greatest some of his older raps on youtube are just timeless classics

I forgot to mention Melle Mel he is one of the greatest some of his older raps on youtube are just timeless classics

I like the song he did with Macklemore , 'Downtown' but in general, I don't tend to listen to much rap, as it's just not cheesy enough !

grandmaster flash and melle mel, awesome, have loads of theirs on vinyl