Jordan Rhodes.. A Perspective

His goal scoring record through his career is exceptional and at the time of signing for Wednesday...£8m for someone of his goal scoring pedigree was a bit of a coup...especially as he'd helped push Middlesborough over the line the season before, when they were in a similar position to Wednesday...

Its fair to say,its not worked out as everyone hoped and/or expected and currently he is short on confidence,goals and supply and a lot of people are questioning his contribution to the side,if he's not scoring goals...

As others have said,he's worked well with a big/bustling striker alongside him at previous clubs..and to be fair i don't think we've played to his strengths since he's been here...

I'd be very surprised if he was sold during January,especially with the injuries we've got...hopefully Jos can bring the best out of him for the rest of the season...write him off at your peril...

Before Unitedites come on about Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp etc....there's proof if you play to a players strength's it will work...

His goal scoring record through his career is exceptional and at the time of signing for Wednesday...£8m for someone of his goal scoring pedigree was a bit of a coup...especially as he'd helped push Middlesborough over the line the season before, when they were in a similar position to Wednesday...

Its fair to say,its not worked out as everyone hoped and/or expected and currently he is short on confidence,goals and supply and a lot of people are questioning his contribution to the side,if he's not scoring goals...

As others have said,he's worked well with a big/bustling striker alongside him at previous clubs..and to be fair i don't think we've played to his strengths since he's been here...

I'd be very surprised if he was sold during January,especially with the injuries we've got...hopefully Jos can bring the best out of him for the rest of the season...write him off at your peril...

Before Unitedites come on about Leon Clarke and Billy Sharp etc....there's proof if you play to a players strength's it will work...

I,ll second that. If only looking into the future was as easy as looking into the past, then knowone would be a loser.

hasnt this already been done to death on about 4 different threads?

One of the few issues Blades and Owls agree, Rhodes has failed to deliver at the Owls.

In my opinion he is a major factor in the Owls failure this season, his team mate have to look him in the eye every day knowing he let them down at a crucial point in the Owls last season...he bottled it. he knows it and his confidence this season has been effected.

The players named the Sheffield derby (ist one) as a turning point in their season, i disagree.

One of the few issues Blades and Owls agree, Rhodes has failed to deliver at the Owls.

In my opinion he is a major factor in the Owls failure this season, his team mate have to look him in the eye every day knowing he let them down at a crucial point in the Owls last season...he bottled it. he knows it and his confidence this season has been effected.

The players named the Sheffield derby (ist one) as a turning point in their season, i disagree.

we were crap well before the derby

I think it is a good post, he probably needs his confidence back but what next for him except playing time

He’s got the chance with other players injured now, his partnership with Joao may start to bare fruit, one of them really should have scored on Saturday with an assist from the other, keep em up front for the foreseeable and see what happens, if he doesn’t cut it we’d be better selling (obviously at a loss).

Edited by top4718

Has it really..?...To be fair,all i've seen is numerous Unitedites comment on him and a few Wednesdayites ,including one or two who dont go to matches, comment on him....

Edited by Sheridan1-0

we were crap well before the derby

Yes you were, we agree again:help:

I thought he'd be a good signing, he has been poor. I watched some of your game against Cardiff as it was on in the pub. He missed one sitter and then missed another chance that I am sure he would have buried a couple of seasons ago. He looks a shadow of his former self.

I thought he'd be a good signing, he has been poor. I watched some of your game against Cardiff as it was on in the pub. He missed one sitter and then missed another chance that I am sure he would have buried a couple of seasons ago. He looks a shadow of his former self.

No sayin he can't rediscover it though, goals breed confidence if his partnership with Joao flourishes you never know, long way to go to convince though.

Blimey, talk about kicking your own player when he is down! :hihi:

I am sure that the last thing young Rhodes needs, is a so called fan and supporter starting a thread on here, with the book-ish BBC 2 title, "Jordan Rhodes.. A Perspective" :hihi:

"....and next week on BBC 2, Sheridan 1-0 will be presenting 'Atdhe Nuhiu: Force and Finesse'........" :hihi: