The Sheffield Gay Scene

I must post to say I'm not happy with the current state of it. Went out last night for a few and found:

The Crown Inn was shut with a notice up "due to technical reasons" but lodgers could still enter by the rear passage

The Quarter was closed with a notice up saying "we are closed tonight and not likely to open" - and I understand that the owner had gone to Lions Lair!

Affinity was open but not really as busy as it could have been if the door staff had not decided to ban certain people from entering who had black hair and then it was inundated with ladies with "bees" on their heads whatever that was about

Lions Lair by the time I went to it had only a few in and they were largely the bar managers planning the upcoming custard fights

Dempeys I suppose could have been said to be busy but again they shoved everyone into a queue using that old psychology to make it "look" busy and members without their money could not get in causing me to pay for one of them ...

The new Green Bar off Trippet Lane does not even appear to be gay and the Roebuck Tavern was dead ...

Club Xes was largely dead when I went leading me to think I dont know why I wasted my money on taxi fares going there and back - and its a dodgy place too in a dodgy area and not safe ...

Now I know why a lot of people go to Leeds and Manchester at the weekends :-( maybe it will buck up when the students come back but dont count your breaths or maybe its just the credit crnch I dont know ...

lodgers could still enter by the rear passage ...

Did Julian Clary start this thread?

The new Green Bar off Trippet Lane does not even appear to be gay

It was never supposed to be gay. :confused: It's a golf bar...

Lions Lair by the time I went to it had only a few in and they were largely the bar managers planning the upcoming custard fights

Which hopefully will be one of the funniest things you have ever seen!

I agree re the students though, it is not just the gay scene it is everywhere, just walk around West st mid-week it is like a ghost town! Only a week to wait now though.

I must post to say I'm not happy with the current state of it.

Well turn straight then dear, problem solved.

Um you don't have to be straight to go clubbing. Sheffield is so backwards compared with other cities, I am fed up of bitching queens on this forum, it is pathetic. Sheffield IS beginning to get better, there are a choice of venues, etc now. I am at shef uni and I know that it will get busier when the students get back but other citites don't suffer from this, maybe it is because it is the same old same old and silly queens don't give the new places a chance to get going.

The problem is you never guarntee the places will be open on a Sunday. No doubt it may all change next week when the students return.

Should have tried Identity Carborundum as you were in that neck of the woods going to XES.

Should have tried Identity Carborundum as you were in that neck of the woods going to XES.

Ooooh I totally forgot that one from my list - is it good is it gay ? maybe thats why Xes was quiet they were all over the road bugger - if I went there it would have been a record number of gay venues for me in one evening ! .. not even you could could better that Spider Pete dear ;-)

Oh and by the way Tyranna if you are looking on here - why dont you make arrangements to wrestle Anja Bach in the custard on Oct 3rd - now that I *would* pay to see and it would be the fight of the century ... if anyone knows Anja can they mention the possibility ... aerosols not allowed of course ;-)

Oh and by the way Tyranna if you are looking on here - why dont you make arrangements to wrestle Anja Bach in the custard on Oct 3rd - now that I *would* pay to see and it would be the fight of the century ... if anyone knows Anja can they mention the possibility ... aerosols not allowed of course ;-)

It is for fun only! That is why we have inisisted all parties involved are friends, there will also be a referee in the ring to ensure people dont get over excited! All people involved will be thouroughly informed of all rules beforehand and anyone breaking them will be disqualified!

Well not sure about the phrase hopefully they cant call it a day after one one night! Looks lake the Quarter on it's last legs. But all these Clubs and gays nights kick off with very little publicity no wonder they fail.

Yes, Identity is gay and it is planning some great nights in the coming months!

BTW, with the wrestling, I'm already sorted with a partner who works at DEMPSEYS.