Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

has anyone eaten at the dam house in western park? Ive heard its a bit pricey but dont mind that if the food is good?

It's ok but I thought the lighting (v bright) made it feel a bit like eating at Brewer's fayre but costing a bit more. The decor suggests that as well. Lovely food but I think there are nicer places in Sheff for same money.

Must have a good chef there as the food was very yummy.

But pricey and the service was an utter shambles. Took them 40 mins to serve our main course after the starters and they cocked up the desserts we order and then they tried to over charge us by £65 which really takes the rip. Hope it was just a bad night and they are not always so rubbish.

I've been for drinks but not for food just after it first opened. I thought it was an absolute shame that they have such a great spot and all they did was make a tacky carpetted cheap pub look out of it. The patio overlooking the pond looks nice for the summer though.

It could have been great :(

thanks guys-i may just give it a miss and perhaps go for a drink there in the summer-it looks like theyve got floodlighting over the pond/lake-guess that will p**s off the kids who would've 'hung out 'there?!!!

the food is great and not too pricey. The problem i found was that its just too quiet

My wife and I visited the Dam House last Wednesday lunchtime, the first time either of us has stepped foot in the place.

The food was very nice (the salads were very fresh), the decor was pleasant and there's no doubt that the setting is wonderful. I thought pricewise it was roughly what I would have expected - we paid £19.25 for two main courses with a plate of chips though we only had one drink each, a pint and a half of lager. You can see the total cost reaching £30+ after a couple more beers.

The only negative I got was the impression given by the young female behind the bar, whose attitude seemed to be 'What are you doing here?' I almost felt embarrassed to order the food...,

And also, I do wish these places would realise that when one wishes to open a tab, it is actually illegal to take a customer's credit card and keep it behind the bar.

Those two quibbles aside, I'd say it's worth a visit and will probably return when the sun decides to show its face.

I went there 2 weeks ago and was not impressed!

Starters were a complete rip-off at £6 & £7 (I had a Yorkshire fishcake on a pea mash. It was tiny, salad was used to fill the plate up).

I then had a filet steak at £20. I'd asked for it medium to well, it came totally burnt on one side. They'd opened the fillet up to make it look bigger on the plate! Mains come with chips or mash and salad or veg. I took the chips and the veg. I counted 6 2" long chips, 8 green beans and a a handful of small white onions.

Desserts were the best in terms of quality and value.

With a couple of glasses of wine the bill was £80 :o

Service was patchy at best.

How this place can charge such prices, serve such meagre portions and offer such poor quality is beyond me. Definitely NOT recommended.

Hi,

The menu there looks really good; and last summer we had nice sandwiches sat outside on a hot Sunday afternoon.

Hope your experience was a one-off. Did you tell the restaurant how you felt?

Regards,

Ade

I have three basic rules for eating out :

1 - Never eat anywhere that has dishes from more than one continent on the menu.

2 - Never eat anywhere that has the words "turf" and "surf" on the menu.

3 - Never eat anywhere that has any connection with a current or former minor sporting celebrity.

Dam House fails on all three.

I'm thinking of booking the Dam House for my birthday meal, has anyone been and would they recommend it? Thanks.