Pret a Manger coming to Fargate

Opening soon at the bottom of Fargate where HSBC used to be. Good to see and a positive for Fargate compared to boarded up units.

It's about time. In London there's one every 100m.

Only the one ?

L**ds and Manc-Chester have 5 each

Why can't we have 10, since we're twice as good as either

Only the one ?

L**ds and Manc-Chester have 5 each

Why can't we have 10, since we're twice as good as either

Leeds didn't have one until over a year ago ..soon

After 3 more were opened..

Opening soon at the bottom of Fargate where HSBC used to be. Good to see and a positive for Fargate compared to boarded up units.

Wasn't there one on Chapel Walk years ago.

I'd prefer to see local businesses, but with rates and prices in the centre, that's fast becoming impossible. Sheffield centre, like a lot of other cities, is rapidly becoming a parade of the same dozen international brand names.

Yesss!! I have been waiting for Pret a Manger for YEARS!!! I didn't know there is also one in Meadowhall now too!!

I have to admit to being slightly dischuffed about this. I used to have great fun laughing at colleagues who travelled up from 'That London' and asked where the nearest Pret was. There was something slightly rewarding about Sheffield being backward enough to avoid it for so long. And even more rewarding to return the favour in London and ask where the nearest Greggs was...

But progress is progress I guess. Sheffield is getting more hipster by the week and guess they need somewhere to eat. We will be getting an Wasabi next (not the Sabi place on London Rd, the café/takeaway chain) And a Hotel Chocolat café. Maybe.

I have to admit to being slightly dischuffed about this. I used to have great fun laughing at colleagues who travelled up from 'That London' and asked where the nearest Pret was. There was something slightly rewarding about Sheffield being backward enough to avoid it for so long. And even more rewarding to return the favour in London and ask where the nearest Greggs was...

But progress is progress I guess. Sheffield is getting more hipster by the week and guess they need somewhere to eat. We will be getting an Wasabi next (not the Sabi place on London Rd, the café/takeaway chain) And a Hotel Chocolat café. Maybe.

we've had a Wagamama for years now....

Is this some kind of poseur Greggs?

Is this some kind of poseur Greggs?

it's a sandwich shop chain. Leeds has one.