Vlogs - do you watch them?

Anybody here follow any of the more well known vloggers (like Casey Neistat, or any of the countless others out there?).

I was never really into them, but there are some more 'grown-up' vlogs out there as well and I have to say: I quite enjoy them. It is like a marriage between reality TV and blogging somehow.

i don't think anybody's responded because we don't want to look ignorant.

Fortunately, that's not stopped me before . . . What's a vlog? Is it that YouTube video "thing" that Russell Brand does / did, where he tells anybody watching not to vote?

i don't think anybody's responded because we don't want to look ignorant.

Fortunately, that's not stopped me before . . . What's a vlog? Is it that YouTube video "thing" that Russell Brand does / did, where he tells anybody watching not to vote?

Haha, you are right, I should have added a definition. A vlog is a video log, like a blog (Weblog) that people write on sites like Wordpress and Blogger, but then it is recorded live and discusses things that way. They are indeed usually Youtube videos.

Google Casey Neistat, he runs an excellent daily vlog about his life in New York and his travels to speak at conferences as a social media expert. Very entertaining stuff!

There are two I follow. (Both YouTube)

One is called Aquachigger, a very nice American guy who metal detects rivers and the like for Civil War memrobilia like canon balls, bullets, artefacts etc. Also does nature walks etc. An excellent personality in front the camera, with a likeable style.

Another is Rickvanman, a UK blogger who I started watching when he took over an abandoned allotment and ended up watching all 130 episodes!(well worth watching from first episode if you have an allotment or thinking of getting one.)

He now does videologs and often goes for a drive round his area in Wilts and chats about stuff. Also does DIY projects and other bits and bobs.

Both have got quite a good few thousand followers.

Chigger 327,000 subscribed

Rickvanman 59,000 subscribed

Edited by sheffandy

Cool, thanks for the tips, will check them out! I think I have seen aquachigger before, very interesting stuff for history buffs. I wonder if there are any UK vloggers that do that sort of thing?

What's a vlog?

Allow me :D

Cool, thanks for the tips, will check them out! I think I have seen aquachigger before, very interesting stuff for history buffs. I wonder if there are any UK vloggers that do that sort of thing?

Yeah, its not all history, he does walks and talks, goes up rivers and explores and recently came to London foreshore exploring on the Thames, and also did a couple of vids from his vacation in Italy.

All good easy viewing stuff. As I say, I like his easy going style, and hes got a nice personality which helps.

Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/aquachigger

Stumbled upon Casey Neistat some months ago and he inspired me to start vlogging ...at 68 years old... The Brit vlogger I follow is Alex, Marzbar .. a bit manic, but interesting. It's not cheap , vlogging, and requires a good deal of learning and cash to produce a quality video. I spend money I don't have, but I enjoy making the films...done nine so far... check 'em out on You tube at .. The name is ... steelcityman ... All you need to start is a phone with a decent camera ... but then you need to get a decent sound system, lights and some quality ideas for projects. Good luck if you try it.:D