The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Cameron had really poor judgement. That’s why he ended up in a shed at the bottom of his garden.

Nothing he said legally or morally binds any government.

I agree Cameron had poor judgement regarding the EU. Cameron wrongly thought he could reform the EU and get more favourable terms for the UK before the EU referendum vote. Cameron was unlucky with the timing of the EU referendum vote because the European migrant refugee crisis worsened after the 2015 General Election.

If Scotland had voted for independence then most likely Cameron would have ended up in his shed sooner and there would never have been an EU referendum.

Parliament past legislation before the referendum vote in order to approve the 2016 EU Referendum vote taking place.

Good!

Now show me the part of that legislation which said that if we leave the EU it will be forever.

Good!

Now show me the part of that legislation which said that if we leave the EU it will be forever.

David Cameron's statement the UK will leave the EU forever is the logical conclusion to the consequences of a leave victory in the EU referendum. The reason why he made such claims was to encourage the electorate to think very carefully before they chose which way to vote.

The reason why he made such claims was to encourage the electorate to think very carefully before they chose which way to vote.

So we are agreed then, that Cameron's comments were simply personal opinion and had no legal or constitutional authority? :)

So we are agreed then, that Cameron's comments were simply personal opinion and had no legal or constitutional authority? :)

After the UK do leave the EU assuming it does happen, then it is most unlikely the UK will ever rejoin the EU. I believe David Cameron was correct in making that statement you're commenting on before a very important democratic vote on the UK's membership of the EU. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing when you mention legal or constitutional authority. The fact is leave won the EU referendum vote and that decision should be implemented just as the Prime Minister, who was in charge of arranging the EU referendum at the time, said it would be.

Edited by Lockdoctor
correction

After the UK do leave the EU assuming it does happen, then it is most unlikely the UK will never rejoin the EU.

So you think the UK will rejoin the EU (double negative in the sentence above "unlikely" & "will never") - if we do, then we would never get as good terms as we have at the moment so what you are suggesting is that we must leave because someone without authority said we would... when actually we'd be better off not leaving.

Crazy!

So you think the UK will rejoin the EU (double negative in the sentence above "unlikely" & "will never") - if we do, then we would never get as good terms as we have at the moment so what you are suggesting is that we must leave because someone without authority said we would... when actually we'd be better off not leaving.

Crazy!

Yes i should have wrote ever. I will edit.

After all the hassle the current Government are having in implementing the wishes of the democratic people, then it is most unlikely in my opinion a future Government would wish to rejoin an organisation which is so difficult to leave. There can be no guarantee that all of the EU members would want the UK to rejoin them again in the future as a consequences of all the problems the UK have inflicted on them, by deciding to leave.

You are correct the UK would not have the same favourable terms, if they did rejoin so it would be ludicrous for any future UK Government to even reconsider applying to rejoin the EU.

What argument ? I was answering the question about why some of todays protesters didn't vote in 2016 :roll:

You mentioned the 16/17 year olds who didn't vote in 2016 marching in London now they're 18/19. It's immaterial to mention 16/17 year olds who weren't old enough to vote back in 2016.

Edited by hobinfoot

We haven't had Brexit yet, so we haven't had the opportunity to get any of the benefits of it.

We have however had the worst part of a leave vote - which was the immediate uncertainty causing a financial crisis and another recession which of course never happened.

The next demonstration will be even bigger.

They can’t ignore it.

Ha ha. Winter is coming.

You believe these pampered, priviledged and predominantly middle-class EU worshippers will turn out in even greater numbers in the cold and the wet?

We haven't had Brexit yet, so we haven't had the opportunity to get any of the benefits of it.

We have however had the worst part of a leave vote - which was the immediate uncertainty causing a financial crisis and another recession which of course never happened.

What benefits do you think we will get?

What benefits do you think we will get?

This is a list too long for me to be able to textualise at the moment I'm afraid. I would recommend reading Daniel Hannan's book as a start.