Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

SEARCHING 7/10

Social media in all its glory here but a worthwhile thriller.

A father traces his missing daughter by using the web and pieces together the mystery.

Slender Man 3/10

I read a lot of bad reviews before I watched this and unfortunately most of them were spot on.

Its boring, the characters are bland and the whole point of things like the Slender Man myth is less is more, the idea of him is scarier than actually showing him on the screen.

The Vanished 8/10

I know there are some Korean movie enthusiasts on SF, so this is one to watch.

An intriguing thriller which pulls up a few surprises along the way.

Black Panther - overhyped 5/10

Halloween 2018 - 5/10 - you have to ignore every movie thats happened since 1978

The Night Comes For Us (Netflix new release) - 9/10

Holy hell this is extraordinarily violent and bloody. Indonesian martial arts/gangster film about a Triad enforcer who betrays them to save the life of a child and in doing so makes himself and his former friends the targets of bloody retaliation.

Starring several of the actors from The Raid/The Raid 2 including Iko Uwais, Julie Estelle and Joe Taslim.

Watched The Night Comes for Us.

Insanely violent- more blood n guts u want to see...bit OTT but good fighting n decent story.

Black Panther 7/10

I really enjoyed it but it isnt the best marvel film out there. Love me some Chadwick Boseman though, a fine fine man right there :love:

Murder on the orient express. I quite liked this. The production was really quite lavish and I loved the period feel, and there was really nice cinematic touches that film nerds like. The cast overall, was excellent - enthusiastic without being over the top. The big problem was Branagh as poirot. He played an excellent Belgian detective but having read a few poirot books (not this one as it goes) David suchet nails it so well that anyone else, including Branagh and the late great peter Ustinov don't capture him, in my view anyway, as well. But I still enjoyed it. 7.5/10

What we do in the Shadows 8/10

Thor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi directs and stars with Jemaine Clement in this mockumentary from 2014 following four vampires sharing a house in Wellington, New Zealand.

A hugely funny exploration of the most common vampire tropes, and some killer physical comedy.

Cold Skin 8/10

I was really surprised by this, it was nothing like I expected.

Bleak, beautifully shot and atmospheric, its thought provoking and really quite sad.

Blade runner 2049. Nicely shot, not as groundbreaking as the original but Christ it dragged. Two and half hours and felt like two and half days. Too much mumbling but it might be one of those films that improves with a second viewing. If it doesn't it's 5/10

Bohemian Rhapsody 10/10, fantastic film....