Gin Place @Vintedge

Not sure what is actually called but it`s next to Hop Hideout. Anyone been?

A colleague told me that it`s nice but expensive. Any other drinks options....?

My girlfriend went on Friday night and said it was rather pleasant. I didn;t get much more info but can ask if you care.

Yeah, that`d be helpful. What other drinks they have etc?

I tried but I don't think she is cut out as a venue reviewer. "It was quite nicely done out, Big range of gin. No idea on other drinks".

I tried but I don't think she is cut out as a venue reviewer. "It was quite nicely done out, Big range of gin. No idea on other drinks".

:hihi:

That happened when I went to that bar at Krynkl. My Dad is desperate to go... saw him at the weekend and he asked.. "Bit windy. Nice. Wine"

I thought that I would try a first visit the Gin Bar (formerly VintEdge) last weekend with my partner as a treat on my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised.

The decor and surroundings were eclectic and funky in keeping with the antique / hipster style of this area, with a quirky, fashionable clientele there even at 4.30pm on a Saturday. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable on their gins as one might expect. I had heard that in response to feedback that they had brought their prices down just a little bit. Maybe we were just unlucky in that we both chose "trendy" gins and so the price wasn't exactly cheap, but it was good for a special treat and did include the tonic water also (that trendy one, FeverTree).

We were served with some free snacks at our table which was a nice touch, no doubt to salt our palette for another gin :-) However one was just enough for us and we then made our way over to Heeley to the wonderful White Lion for a more reasonable priced real ale.

So all in all we enjoyed our visit to the Gin bar, I can't fault it other than the prices but then its what you would pay in town if not more, and its a welcome diverse addition to the area encompassing the Broadfield, the Hop Hideout and the Picture House Social. I have heard that there may soon be a wine bar and a micro brew pub opening in the area, so that will complement the choices even further, who needs to go into town now :-)

I thought that I would try a first visit the Gin Bar (formerly VintEdge) last weekend with my partner as a treat on my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised.

The decor and surroundings were eclectic and funky in keeping with the antique / hipster style of this area, with a quirky, fashionable clientele there even at 4.30pm on a Saturday. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable on their gins as one might expect. I had heard that in response to feedback that they had brought their prices down just a little bit. Maybe we were just unlucky in that we both chose "trendy" gins and so the price wasn't exactly cheap, but it was good for a special treat and did include the tonic water also (that trendy one, FeverTree).

We were served with some free snacks at our table which was a nice touch, no doubt to salt our palette for another gin :-) However one was just enough for us and we then made our way over to Heeley to the wonderful White Lion for a more reasonable priced real ale.

So all in all we enjoyed our visit to the Gin bar, I can't fault it other than the prices but then its what you would pay in town if not more, and its a welcome diverse addition to the area encompassing the Broadfield, the Hop Hideout and the Picture House Social. I have heard that there may soon be a wine bar and a micro brew pub opening in the area, so that will complement the choices even further, who needs to go into town now :-)

Thanks for this helpful review. I will pop in tonight perhaps and have a gin or two.

A good wine bar in Sheffield would be a welcome addition.

Yes , nice review. I've heard rumour of a wine bar and a brew pub in the area too. Just rumour, mind.

However one was just enough for us and we then made our way over to Heeley to the wonderful White Lion for a more reasonable priced real ale.

Have you tried the new gins at ours? The roasted Pineapple one is fantastic. When you pop in ours next, let's have a discussion about what gin we should be getting at the Lion. Whisky's my thing but trying to learn, trying to learn.

Have you tried the new gins at ours? The roasted Pineapple one is fantastic. When you pop in ours next, let's have a discussion about what gin we should be getting at the Lion. Whisky's my thing but trying to learn, trying to learn.

Thanks, WhiteLion ...I didn't realise that you did gins. As a semi-regular to the White Lion I shall pop in at some time in the new year and sample that one :-)

I'm no expert in gins mind you, knowing far more about real ales, so not sure how helpful I can be on that score :D

Pleased to see the Gin Bar at corner of Sheldon Road and Abbeydale Road is back open again after a revamp. It looked quite crowded as I walked past last night.

Lots of new exciting things happening in this area now, what with Steel City Cakes re-opening soon as a new "two-thirds" bar and there seem to be plans afoot for the old Vault antique centre/HSBC Bank which sems to have applied for a late night music licence - anyone know what the plans are for this ?

There is a proper local scene of pubs and restaurants and cafes now developing in this area, who needs town 🙂

Agree . It is a great part of town for going out. Places are quality too. For me though it`s a shame Hop Hideout had to move.