Magnet fishing anyone interested in it here?

Magnet fishing YouTube videos are really interesting wouldn't mind having a go myself.

Theirs an chap from Preston I watch he has found anything from old safes, brand new push bikes , scooters , stolen motorbikes even an Mac ten gun and barrels of shoot guns. Not seen any magnet fishing videos of Sheffield yet would be interesting to see one who knows what lurks in the depths of the River Don.

Does anyone on here do this hobby ?

Magnet fishing YouTube videos are really interesting wouldn't mind having a go myself.

Theirs an chap from Preston I watch he has found anything from old safes, brand new push bikes , scooters , stolen motorbikes even an Mac ten gun and barrels of shoot guns. Not seen any magnet fishing videos of Sheffield yet would be interesting to see one who knows what lurks in the depths of the River Don.

Does anyone on here do this hobby ?

Love it.Watched loads of utube stuff! Doncaster prison was a laugh!

Love it.Watched loads of utube stuff! Doncaster prison was a laugh!

I will have too find that one about Doncaster Prison hate to think what they found. The one area I bet in Sheffield is worth a go is Attercliffe area given it's industrial past.

Would love to try it and give it a go, Where do you get the Big Magnets from

I know someone who goes magnet fishing around Sheffield. There was an article in the Star the other week with him talking about it.

Here's a link :

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/man-unearths-weapons-whilst-magnet-fishing-across-south-yorkshire-1-9319717

He also has a youtube page :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Au9oV9G4qbyTKJmUcWWJg/videos

if you are going to do this in the Don, you will have to get permission from the council, who have never given permission to my knowledge.

On 18/09/2018 at 14:29, kidley said:

if you are going to do this in the Don, you will have to get permission from the council, who have never given permission to my knowledge.

You are not required to seek permission from the council if you are magnet fishing from a public walkway, I am a regular Magnet Fisher and never seek permission when fishing the Don and have never had any issues. Also fish the canal and again never have any issues, as long as you take away what you pull out they dont mind as you are actually doing them a favour by removing unwanted rubbish and cleaning canal.