Even Phones Are Sexist Now..

Guest makapaka

Apparently Apple are going to bring out a phone for every hand size now. They are no longer interested in profit - just ensuring no one is upset. The number of different hand-sizes has not been established and could take years.

They are also looking to solve the problem of post-op transgender males who identify as females who's hands are the size of a males but who do not wish to hold a phone that identifies as a mans phone but also believe the smaller phone is too small for their needs. As a compromise - apple are looking at producing a phone that is the same size as the male phone but with a handset that shrinks in size immediately after each use - but the transgender community is still considering their options as to whether this is acceptable to them or not.

As a backstop position Apple are also considering just ceasing the production of mobile phones altogether just in case they miss out a handsize and cause upset to an individual.

It wouldn't be the first time company/individuals made irrational decisions due to a couple of over the top complaining feminists.

So it's only good to point that out.

Poor you, it must be thoroughly demasculating you to read such an article, you poor snowflake :(

The rest of us will read lines like this classic and ignore the shrill harpings of an angry feminist:

From medication only tested on male bodies, to iPhones that forget to include a period tracker, it’s entirely usual to forget to design for women. But that doesn’t mean it’s ok.”

Apparently Apple are going to bring out a phone for every hand size now. They are no longer interested in profit - just ensuring no one is upset. The number of different hand-sizes has not been established and could take years.

They are also looking to solve the problem of post-op transgender males who identify as females who's hands are the size of a males but who do not wish to hold a phone that identifies as a mans phone but also believe the smaller phone is too small for their needs. As a compromise - apple are looking at producing a phone that is the same size as the male phone but with a handset that shrinks in size immediately after each use - but the transgender community is still considering their options as to whether this is acceptable to them or not.

As a backstop position Apple are also considering just ceasing the production of mobile phones altogether just in case they miss out a handsize and cause upset to an individual.

:hihi:

Is this just an Apple dig? Wasn't Samsung the first to bring out the larger "note" phones?

Is this just an Apple dig? Wasn't Samsung the first to bring out the larger "note" phones?

No, no, Apple invented larger phones with the iPhone 6.

Large screen phones didn’t exist until Apple invented them.

Everybody knows that :nod:

Poor you, it must be thoroughly demasculating you to read such an article, you poor snowflake :(

The rest of us will read lines like this classic and ignore the shrill harpings of an angry feminist:

From medication only tested on male bodies, to iPhones that forget to include a period tracker, it’s entirely usual to forget to design for women. But that doesn’t mean it’s ok.”

No, my masculinity and inner peace is fine. I just think irrational statements/actions deserve to be ridiculed.

If you choose to ignore it instead, good for you. Why don't you ignore the reactions too? :)

I expect phones to be simplified then.

Does it need to be spelled out?

Wasted on you .......

I fear you are correct... Is it really Apples job to include one of them? When did that become a required function of a phone and how did people cope in the dim dark distant years of the early 2000's...?

My phone doesnt have an app to let me track blood sugar either. But I use this thing called a notebook....

Some battles are worth fighting, some are not and then some appear to be entirely made up...

some men have small hands. I think its small handist that they haven't been considered in the above argument about sexism.

The Trump thread is up there ^ LOL

---------- Post added 21-09-2018 at 18:11 ----------

Made to measure just like a new suit ....simple solution.:D