A voter adrift - where do I place that X on the ballot paper?

You understand what would have happened to our borrowing without those cuts?

Not a lot if the middle class and rich had been forced to pay more taxes to make up the shortfall. It was a political choice to target the worst off and most ill in order to spare swing voters in marginal constituencies.

Not a lot if the middle class and rich had been forced to pay more taxes to make up the shortfall. It was a political choice to target the worst off and most ill in order to spare swing voters in marginal constituencies.

That is what people voted for. There are examples of PIP and Atos that are deplorable, but we do have record low unemployment.

I would hope that people were comfortable during the Labour year, some of them were even given free laptops with internet and free swimming for the over 60s, too many freebies in my opinion.

That is what people voted for. There are examples of PIP and Atos that are deplorable, but we do have record low unemployment.

I would hope that people were comfortable during the Labour year, some of them were even given free laptops with internet and free swimming for the over 60s, too many freebies in my opinion.

It was what people voted for at a time when the papers had endless benefit fraud stories on their front pages. When one political class has the media at its disposal to influence public opinion and the people at the bottom don't, that's when people understandably lose any faith in liberal democracy being democratic. Why should the OP even vote? Who is going to change the status quo? No-one.

When one political class has the media at its disposal to influence public opinion and the people at the bottom don't, that's when people understandably lose any faith in liberal democracy being democratic. Why should the OP even vote? Who is going to change the status quo? No-one.

Some of us think we know a little more than most about politics, but we vote for different parties.

When you know very little its difficult to know whose judgment to trust.

It was what people voted for at a time when the papers had endless benefit fraud stories on their front pages. When one political class has the media at its disposal to influence public opinion and the people at the bottom don't, that's when people understandably lose any faith in liberal democracy being democratic. Why should the OP even vote? Who is going to change the status quo? No-one.

Some very good points Bob.

I don't think a lot of people realise how much they are being manipulated by a very biased media elite.