Artists performing at Sheffield Theatres

I thought that was Chambers Lane, which had vehicle access to and from Upwell Street / Upwell Lane ,the jennell. which was a few yards further along was a pedestrian walkway.

The jennel that we have discussed is a walkway or was if still around, Chambers Lane was a road open to traffic (again, if still there). It started with 'Bowling Green' on the left and a steel works on the right, it finished at Upwell St/Rd and Brightside. fleetwood

I own the Piano that Zena owned at the Azena Gleadless when the Beatles played there in 1963. Are there any photos of John Lennon playing the piano at this gig .

Can remember meeting Edmund Hockridge in town I think he was appearing In Desert Song(?) at the Empire, can't remember the year though.

Saw lots of jazz bands at the City hall, including Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong Chris Barber, Acker Bilk etc.

Also '6.5 special' with Pete Murray Joesephine Douglas Don Lang and his frantic 5. OMG I really am old!! Don't make 'em like that anymore.!!

My Dad was Keith Mitchell who owned the insurance brokers on White lane called K.E Mitchell & son LTD.

I’m the son Wayne. My dad knew Zena and bought the Challen Piano that my Dad used to play at the Azena and then John Lennon played it in 1963. I have that Piano in my lounge although I can’t play it but a peice of history none the less and a lovely peice of furniture.