Best Internet Provider S20

Extract from a chat with TT when they increased my prices and negotiations with their Loyalty Team:

"Me:*What length is £24.50 for then?

TT Chat:

The £24.50 is for 24 months, however the boosts will run out of discounts in five months.

Me:*What are the current two boosts then as you only mentioned UK calls.

TT Chat:

The other is the fibre speed boost, which allows your speed to be an average of 63mbps.

Me:*That is unrealistic as I don't live on a road with fibre to the house. That is why I had the obsolete medium fibre package.

TT chat:

Would you like to cancel off the fibre speed boost?

Me:*What will the speed be without? At the moment all I get is 2 mbps.

TT Chat:

J, you are not getting 2mbps. My system shows that with boost you are receiving*79.7 mbps on your lowest download.

TT Chat:

Without the boost, you get an average of 35mbps.

Me:*When I download GNU/Linux isos it only shows 2 mbps if I'm lucky due to copper connection to the cabinet at the bottom of the road

TT Chat:

I see, may I ask if you have you spoke to our technical team before about this matter?

TT Chat:

spoken*

Me:*There is physically no point unless they have the alchemy skills to turn copper into glass! LOL!"

Need I say more? :hihi:

Commercially used telecommunications optic fibre is not made of glass LMAO :hihi:

Commercially used telecommunications optic fibre is not made of glass LMAO :hihi:

"So what are optical fibers made of, anyway?

Turns out they can be made of just glass, glass plus polymers, or just polymers ("plastic optical fibers" -POF-)."

http://pslc.ws/macrog/fiberopt/of.htm

:P;)