Anyone in the W.R.A.C. in the sixties

Guest poppins

I'm living in the states now for 40 years,i'm from Sheffield,i was in the W.R.A.C. about the 60s, ANYONE ELSE ?

I'm living in the states now for 40 years,i'm from Sheffield,i was in the W.R.A.C. about the 60s, ANYONE ELSE ?

My wife was in the WRAC in the 1960,s

Oh! my goodness, A reply after 2 years :banana: wonder if thats a record ?

Was she from Sheffield ? i'll pm you with my name ect, thank you.

There's an old saying about buses in Sheffield - you wait for ages then two come along together -:hihi:

Well heres your second - I was in the WRAC in the sixties too, think it was 68 but could check, my number was W/434869 went to Guildford to do basic training there were for of us travelled down together but my memory ain't that good when it comes to names.

There's an old saying about buses in Sheffield - you wait for ages then two come along together -:hihi:

Well heres your second - I was in the WRAC in the sixties too, think it was 68 but could check, my number was W/434869 went to Guildford to do basic training

Hi Shelagh, yes I was in Guildford for basic training, then Richmond Park, a couple more in between but can't remember the names, I do remember going to Aldershot for the Army dances, nearing the end of my 3 years I was asked if I would try out for the WRAC recruiting poster girl, i loved the idea untill they told me I would have to sign on again for another 3 years before they would take photos, that ended that!

Every once in a while my Army number comes back to me, I've tried to contact some places in the UK to see my records, but no luck, no replys either.

Poppins

sorry this a little late in the day.

I served in REME in the 1960`s

my wife is ex WRAC 1962-1965

we are in touch with a few ex members

woody1v

Hi Biker

I was REME in the 1960`s

My wife is also WRAC the 1960`s

A group of us are looking for EX member from the,

School of Artillery, Manorbier in South Wales

From,

The Royal Artillery

REME

WRAC

woody1v

Well heres your second - I was in the WRAC in the sixties too, think it was 68 but could check, my number was W/434869 went to Guildford to do basic training there were for of us travelled down together but my memory ain't that good when it comes to names.

Hi Shelagh

Did you serve with, The school of Artillery, Manorbier, in South Wales

woody1v Ex REME

My wife is EX WRAC W416861

sorry this a little late in the day.

I served in REME in the 1960`s

my wife is ex WRAC 1962-1965

we are in touch with a few ex members

woody1v

hello there , sorry I dont live in sheffield ,but I am trying to trace a friend from the wrac her name was christine davis and she was in the signals in 62/64 , I hope that she might access this site.

My sister is looking for anybody who can remember her from the 60's, her name is Wendy Shinfield and she was also at Manorbier. One of her friends was a Scottish girl nicknamed Jinty.

She would love to hear from anybody who thinks they may have been with her in the army.