Not many Fairs in Sheffield these days.

Used to really enjoy going to the Fair. Farrahs ect. There doesn' t seem to be many about these days. I know the Americans call them Carnies they have them all over the place. A good Family night out.

You mean those things run by TRAVELLERS who may well be from other parts of the EU?

I wonder why you don’t see many of those these days in Sheffield which is so welcoming and warm to outsiders these days......

Plenty of fair's starting next week. Most Sheffield Fair's are put on by Farrar's. They have their own Facebook with details on.

hi they tend to be sparce in the south of Sheffield for reasons unknown,but many fairs today travel more ,not like the old days 3-6 weeks in one place,but times change and in the 60s many funfairs had 2 big rides,2-3 small and stalls,but used to double up at bigger events and I have noticed this creeping back in some ways,we are seeing more smaller ones in the summer at festivals/events and I think this is great and I love the smells/lights in November time and I think people enjoy these one offs,i know our events really appreciate the income and the enhancement they bring to smaller events,long may funfairs last they have been around for many years.