Vegan visitor in Sheffield?

Great set of recommendations, especially the Meersbrook set -- keen to try them myself!

Some good ideas. The True North chain of pubs (Broadfield, Waggon & Horses, etc) do some nice options. The White Lion in Heeley also has vegan beer available regularly / always.

Jemson -- appreciate that. Nice to have some places that do both. The Broadfield is great, when they actually have a table available.

Botanist in Leopold Square has a decent Vegan menu

Look on trip advisor. It has listings of vegan and vegetarian places to eat.

:hihi: Well said mate! There's always someone looking for a problem on here eh?

I thought your comment was very amusing btw.

Nope. Just a bit more considerate and well-mannered.

Maybe if it had been amusing, rather than utterly predictable, then I would have identified it as a joke.

I've also heard great things about Make no Bones. Very handily located near the Tram Shed for an after meal pint as well.. :)

Will a vegan eat anything cooked in a kitchen that preps meat as well?

It depends on the vegan but most will.

For the OP, try Casa Mia at Nether Edge. Nice new Italian with a page of vegan options on the menu.

Think the very new (opened today) Urbanita288 at 288 Abbeydale Road is meant to do vegan and gluten free stuff.

Some good ideas. The True North chain of pubs (Broadfield, Waggon & Horses, etc) do some nice options. The White Lion in Heeley also has vegan beer available regularly / always.

Always at least one vegan real ale on cask and sometimes more. All the lager, cider and two of the wines are vegan too.

We're also next to Luna Rossa, an Italian restaurant which serves meat dishes but also has one of the largest vegan menus in Sheffield. You can also order in any food from local restaurants to eat at the pub.

Personally, Make No Bones is my favourite. Consistently great food.

Steel City cakes on Abbeydale road if you want to taste the best cake in your entire life. They have about 10 different cakes to choose from, the coffee and walnut cake is to die for, and you get huge slices for £2.50!! And next door to them is a vegan cafe called "BurgerLolz", great for if you want to go somewhere a bit more casual. They do very tasty vegan hot dogs, burgers (in case that wasn't obvious!) and magnificent "freak shakes".

Just Falafs, and next door, Make No Bones on Chesterfield Road.