Wedding dresses - all dress talk here!

Group Leader note: This thread contains discussions about wedding dresses - where to buy them, what they look like, suggestions and opinions. The thread starts with older contributions but newer postings are near to the end of the thread. Do feel free to join in the discussion or start a new thread of your own. Thanks

Classic Rock

Edited by Classic Rock

Wow thats pretty - vey romantic looking (if that makes sense!)

I didnt evem realise Jenny Packham made wedding dresses - I just normally admire the going out dresses she makes for Girls Aloud!

Will add that website to my collection! :hihi:

Wow thats pretty - vey romantic looking (if that makes sense!)

I didnt evem realise Jenny Packham made wedding dresses - I just normally admire the going out dresses she makes for Girls Aloud!

Will add that website to my collection! :hihi:

She makes the most beautiful dresses i new straight away that i wanted one, her website its http://www.jennypackham.com. I spent ages on it before i was engaged to. getting the ring was only a small detail!!!

I'm having a midsummer nights dream theme thanks to the dress, marquee bbq in the country. I can't wait, really should do less talking more doing. lol

the red ones beautiful, im getting married in red! and i love that jenny packham one, although i think it would look like a nightie on me ::(:

the red ones beautiful, im getting married in red! and i love that jenny packham one, although i think it would look like a nightie on me ::(:

I love red, I've decided I'm def not going to do white, I don't think I would suit it! Think it will be red or gold or ivory.

*sigh* i wish i could try these dresses on!:)

I know what you mean, I don't like the idea of white, I'm far to pale for white and would like either a dress with a splash of colour or gold. Being short only 5"1 I think is going to make it difficult.

I need to find a beach wedding dress. Upon surfing the net I can only find heavy looking dresses, even if they say they are for the beach.

Has anyone looked at dresses in Monsoon? I'm hoping they have simple lightweight ones.

The dresses in monsoon are lovely!! they do tend to have a couple or three layers to them but would be fabulous for a beach wedding!

beware of their sizing though, they tend to be a little on the tight side!!!

I know what you mean, I don't like the idea of white, I'm far to pale for white and would like either a dress with a splash of colour or gold. Being short only 5"1 I think is going to make it difficult.

I'm only 5', and pale enough to be mistaken for a real red head when I dye my hair, but my white dress actually gave me colour!

although it was white, it had an indistinguishable green tint to it that made my skin look pinker than it really is - I'll see if I can dig a pic out

I also had the issue of a meringue making me look even shorter - especially alongside my 6'2" husband - but I think my dressmaker did a fantastic job :)

I didn't even bother with any of the traditional wedding dress shops, as I knew exactly what I wanted - it was finding somewhere to provide the matching boots and corset that was the problem, but Linda at http://www.beretun.co.uk solved that for me :)

Linda's dresses

My dress and the boots

I notice the boots have been made in black and exhibited as part of the corset show on the website - but I think mine looked much better ;)

phooey

I think I've fixed it now

darn website won't let you view full size pics if you're not logged in, so you'll have to manage with the smaller versions ;)

(and for anybody who wasn't a member at the time so doesn't remember, perhaps I should also mention that both the dress and the boots were made from the same leather? :) )

Hi,

I'm so excited as i've been looking for my wedding dress and today i chose and bought one!! It's beautiful (but then i would say that!!) and i can't wait to wear it in december. Have also chosen my flowers this week so have been quite busy and getting excited now that everything is coming together. Have decided that my two 5 year old bridesmaid are going to wear fairy ballerina dresses instead of a traditional bridemaid dress as think they will still look lovely and they'll get more wear and enjoyment out of the dress.

Just got car and favours etc to sort out!

:D

just to let you know if you havent already bought your little bridesmaid dresses try BHS i bought too fabulous big dresses for my 3 year old and 7 y4eear old bridesmaids they're certainly not the typical dress, ad was only £65 each