Bus route 52a only as far as Crookes

From today until Friday 7th September there is no 52/52a service to Hillsborough or Wisewood. Strangely the online tracker keeps showing these buses due at the stop in Hillsborough.

This bus service replaced the popular S6 route. Lots of older people relied on that service to take them towards Far Lane, all up hill, and further. Fortunately there are other, but much less frequent services. I'm posting for awareness.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

From today until Friday 7th September there is no 52/52a service to Hillsborough or Wisewood. Strangely the online tracker keeps showing these buses due at the stop in Hillsborough.

This bus service replaced the popular S6 route. Lots of older people relied on that service to take them towards Far Lane, all up hill, and further. Fortunately there are other, but much less frequent services. I'm posting for awareness.

That may explain the 6 double deck 52 busses my wife saw queuing at the heavygate terminus this morning., and 4 single decker when she came back from the dog walk

Probably due to Ripley Street being closed due to resurfacing.There is no access from Langsett Road.

It's an ill wind! Will mean a more reliable service for Crookes residents. From the day the 52 ceased to terminate at Crookes it went to pot! (Wait 25 minutes for alleged 7 minutes service and then a convoy arrives) Personally I believe that there's a black hole gateway to a parallel universe halfway down Walkley hill!

Probably due to Ripley Street being closed due to resurfacing.There is no access from Langsett Road.

Thats it. However, a bus running from Hillsborough interchange to Wisewood and back again as the old S6 did wouldn't need to access Ripley St. Perhaps that could have been put in place during the works?

Bit annoying for people like me who like to visit Crookes and Broomhill from Hillsborough, but those roads did need doing and it's not for long.

Is there another bus other than the 52 that takes you to the children's hospital from Hillsborough ?

Is there another bus other than the 52 that takes you to the children's hospital from Hillsborough ?

Nope. But you can get the tram to town and then get on the 52/52a up there.

Nope. But you can get the tram to town and then get on the 52/52a up there.

Or the tram to the University and the 52 from Glossop Road.

The bus service to Wisewood is appalling at the best of times! The S6 bus being taken off was devastating to the elderly people that live at the far end of Studfield. A lot of the pensioners are now housebound or have to get taxi's because they cannot walk all the way to the bus stop. If you want to go out for an evening don't expect to catch a bus after 8:30pm

If you get off the tram at University of Sheffield it's less than five minutes walk to the Children's Hospital and around ten to Weston Park or the Hallamshire.

The bus service to Wisewood is appalling at the best of times! The S6 bus being taken off was devastating to the elderly people that live at the far end of Studfield. A lot of the pensioners are now housebound or have to get taxi's because they cannot walk all the way to the bus stop. If you want to go out for an evening don't expect to catch a bus after 8:30pm

The 52a was supposed to be back on route to Wisewood on 8th September, but they're only going to Broomhill at the moment. Nothing on the bus stop where I waited, and my tracker was telling me the 52a was due. Not exactly accurate!

I caught a 61 at tea time (waited about 30 minutes for any bus that runs up Dykes Hall Road) its a small bus and was packed full. We're missing several buses an hour at the moment.