Another off license in Woodhouse viilage

Can anyone tell me why another off license is due to open in Woodhouse village. We have the Cooperative which is open until 10pm, McColls which is down the road and City Living which is in between them. Now that the video shop has closed there will be yet another "cheap booze place". Woodhouse is fast becoming a tip. What once used to be a busy village is now a place to be avoided. The only people being catered for are the residents living in the hostel down Beighton Road. Oh, I forgot to mention that we also have 3 pubs in the village, which have to compete for business.

Can anyone tell me why the Cross Daggers is being allowed to fall into disrepair

It is apparently the brother of the person who has city living. Don't think its needed

Guest makapaka

It will close if there’s no demand surely?

Yay there hasnt been a Beighton road hostel blaming thread for a while?

I think the charming residents of St Anne's keep it busy enough.

Yay there hasnt been a Beighton road hostel blaming thread for a while?

Aka " the spike " . Off topic slightly but why, with all the alcohol outlets already mentioned , would the council think it would be a good idea to give a license to another one in such a small area ?

My understanding is that it hasn't been granted a licence yet

I wouldn't worry too much, he hasn't got a licence to sell alcohol and he hasn't submitted any plans to the council for change of use from the old video shop.

I believe the chain who owns Bargain Booze are also looking into the matter of the name of the shop "Woodhouse Bargain Booze".

My understanding is that it hasn't been granted a licence yet

I wouldn't worry too much, he hasn't got a licence to sell alcohol and he hasn't submitted any plans to the council for change of use from the old video shop.

I believe the chain who owns Bargain Booze are also looking into the matter of the name of the shop "Woodhouse Bargain Booze".

It’s not that hard getting a licence to sell alcohol nowadays unless the police object.

Rival business objections or residents saying there are too many off licences are not grounds to deny a licence....

Odd place, loads of ratty faced scruffy looking youths.

Didn't Bargain Booze go out of business?

Bargain Booze use to have a slogan, it was even on the side of their lorries. Lowering the price of booze to improve the quality of your life. I kid you not.