Surprising fans

I know both Matthew Wright (off the telly) and Sam Fox are both long standing fans of 1970s space rockers and hippies Hawkwind.

Anybody know any more surprising fans?

I know both Matthew Wright (off the telly) and Sam Fox are both long standing fans of 1970s space rockers and hippies Hawkwind.

Anybody know any more surprising fans?

Sam Fox was also big mates with Lemmy and they used to write lyrics and poetry together.

Louise Mensch, Tory MP, being a massive metal fan... so much so, she married Metallica's manager. She also did a documentary on Brian Johnson.

Jeremy Vine is a fan of The Fall

Jona Lewie is a big fan of Ken Bruce's Popmaster.

Hardly a surprise EVERYONE is a big fan of ken Bruce's popmaster.

It's good to know that I'm in such esteemed company.

...Anybody know any more surprising fans?

There's always the Jam/Cam connection.

Hardly a surprise EVERYONE is a big fan of ken Bruce's popmaster.

errrrrmmmmm........

Jeremy Vine is a fan of The Fall

So is Krishnan Guru-Murthy.

When Mark E Smith died, everyone was seemingly a Fall fan ;)

When Mark E Smith died, everyone was seemingly a Fall fan ;)

one of those sex pistols moments, where suddenly everybody had been to the gig that was attended by about 10 people lol

one of those sex pistols moments, where suddenly everybody had been to the gig that was attended by about 10 people lol

A former workmate of mine showed me a picture of himself, his wife and all 3 members of the Police sat at a table in a pub, late 70's early 80's. They had had their first couple of hits in North America and were running through some routines in this bar in Toronto ahead of a big concert in town. You could see the name of the bar "The Horseshoe' in the background, but you couldn't see anybody at the bar or at the other tables. He told me there were about a dozen other customers there. However when the news broke later 100's of people had been there that night LOL

A former workmate of mine showed me a picture of himself, his wife and all 3 members of the Police sat at a table in a pub, late 70's early 80's. They had had their first couple of hits in North America and were running through some routines in this bar in Toronto ahead of a big concert in town. You could see the name of the bar "The Horseshoe' in the background, but you couldn't see anybody at the bar or at the other tables. He told me there were about a dozen other customers there. However when the news broke later 100's of people had been there that night LOL

just googled it and found this book you can read about the pub online fella