Wedding Photography

Hi, I'm doing a bit of research and wondered if I could get a bit of feedback from people planning weddings. I have been a photographer for years, have a degree and Masters in Fine Art and although I have been working in family and friends weddings for the past 10 years or so, I have recently decided to move into this area more formally. Before I launch my wedding website I want to find out about the feelings brides and grooms have about their photography needs.

Can I please ask:

What do you think is a reasonable cost for high quality, professional photographs for your wedding from getting ready until the first dance? It would be good to get an idea of your minimum and maximum price ideas.

Many people want wedding photography for budget prices. Can I get some feedback on why this is the case, particularly as the dress and reception are costing a small fortune in many cases? (This is not a criticism, I am trying to understand how photography prices compare to those of more tangible things such as outfits, food, drinks etc)

What do you want from a wedding photographer? Three top priorities??

Do you want images that are informal and 'as they happen' or do you want formal groups? Or a mixture of both?

Is it important to you to have a real album?

How important is the website and what other promotional activities mean the most to you from photographers? Examples include fairs, engagement shoots, prints, personal contact and meetings?

How long do you think the editing of a set of wedding images takes in days?

Any other thoughts?

Obviously I am beginning to get ready to move into the area formally, but this is not a sales pitch. It's genuine research and I am looking for very honest answers.

If I get more than 5 detailed responses, I will pick one at random for a totally free engagement shoot which will include a 1 hour shoot and digital images. No hidden agenda, no hard sell, just need the feedback!

Thanks in anticipation

Aly