Met Commissioner Cressida Dick on Cricket : 'I support Pakistan'

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

I see a fair number of males in Sheffield wearing Barca shirts and I suspect that they're not all Spaniards.

My younger brother has lived in Chesterfield for close to 50 years and previously Brinsworth, yet he has been a Man Utd season ticket holder and shareholder for over 25 years, and a fan almost his whole life.

My younger brother has lived in Chesterfield for close to 50 years and previously Brinsworth, yet he has been a Man Utd season ticket holder and shareholder for over 25 years, and a fan almost his whole life.

I support who ever is winning.

To be fair, the first qualification for being either a Chelsea or Man U fan is never to have been anywhere near Chelsea or Manchester! ;)

To be fair, the first qualification for being either a Chelsea or Man U fan is never to have been anywhere near Chelsea or Manchester! ;)

Funny you should say that,my brother's best friend is or was a Chelsea season ticket holder. They have lots of other things in common though, they both live in Chesterfield, for one. lol You can only imagine the ribbing that went on when John Terry missed that penalty.:D. Another thing when I get on my brother's case about the Man U thing, he says ' well I am over 3000 miles closer to Manchester than you are to Hillsborough". What can I say to that?:blush:

well I am over 3000 miles closer to Manchester than you are to Hillsborough". What can I say to that?:blush:

I assume that you were born and bred in Sheffield and used to watch Wednesday from an early age. If so, it matters not where you live now as you will always be an Owls supporter.

That has been noted on the footy thread :hihi:

I was Icelandic a while back :)

I assume that you were born and bred in Sheffield and used to watch Wednesday from an early age. If so, it matters not where you live now as you will always be an Owls supporter.

I know that and you know that but my brother uses my distance away from the Owls as a defence mechanism when I take the mick. He didn't have a leg to stand on when I rubbed his nose in it before I left the country many years ago. I left in 1981 and Man U weren't that great at the time.

she was just on Test Match Special while there was an England vs. India test match going on, saying that she supports Pakistan.

has anyone told Norman Tebbit?

Am I missing something? Totally don't see a problem here, on the contrary, it's a very good thing that we live in a country where we are free to support whichever team we choose (or none at all if we prefer athletics).