Birthday meal out recommendations please

Hi,

I've recently moved to Sheffield with my girlfriend and I'm trying to find a good place to eat for my birthday with a group of friends. I'd like a boyb policy but that's not essential. I'd really like somewhere quite lively as we are wanting to stay there to drink and eat for the majority of the night. We originally had Cubanas but wanted other ideas? Thanks in advance

damons is great. plus if you go on your actual birthday and take proof you eat your main meal free. not in the city center though but worth going. the ribs are great. :-)

Cubana is a good choice, but you would have to be in for the 9pm seating, as if you want to spend the rest of the night there, this wouldn't generally be possible as they get the 7pm diners out to make way for the 9pm people... Damons is a fast food type place and although the ribs are indeed great (better than others in the city centre) you would probably have to live in the Beighton area to take advantage of staying there late into the evening to carry on drinking, and it is a place where people take their kids, so although it's a busy place, may not be the 'lively' you are thinking of... Lot's of chain restaurants in Leopold Sq to accomodate groups, and you can stay in the square to carry on your party :)

None of these are BYO though... Some chinese places on London Rd offer this, and sign post it on their windows... Zeugma's on London Rd used to offer a BYO (not sure now?) but you would need to book...

Flaming Dragon Centertainment

Relish on Eccy Road ... not BYO but food is great, and you can stay all night - lively but chilled if that makes sense? Food all properly cooked from scratch. Good choices of meat / fish / vege. We went for a birthday on a Thursday night, stayed all evening from 7.30 - 11 with no pressure to leave. Also have been for lunch. Going back for my birthday in a few weeks.

(Weekend lunchtimes very family oriented so if you don't really like kids avoid - but it is lovely to have a place so welcoming to children).

Noodle Inn is definately the best place. It is Bring Your Own Beer/Wine and is a buzzing place. It is popular with the chinese students and they take along time over their food, so no one will bat an eyelid if you stay all night. I wouldn't recommend flaming dragon. The food is cheap enough but they charge high prices for the alcoholic drinks and want you out the door as quickly as possible in the evening or at the weekend.

If you want to take a look at the menu, their is a link on the page below;

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/341/1402413/restaurant/Manchester/Sheffield/Noodle-Inn-South-Yorkshire

Las Iguanas has a great, lively atmosphere, perfect for a group.

How about the Wick at Both Ends on West Street?

We're a relaxed cocktail bar which serves awesome food too!!

Please check out our food and cocktail menus at http://www.thewickatbothends.co.uk

I think we might be just what you're looking for!

(Happy birthday by the way)

x:love:x