Thorncliffe Arms , Chapeltown

Hi, does any body know why the thorncliffe arms on warren lane in chapeltown is closed ? have they moved on ?

I heard they are moving on.

thanks for that. I will miss steak night wednesday !!!!:loopy:

SHAME !!!! That used to be a proper boozer when Roger Massam and Lilian had it. Proper Wards beer, no food stinking the place out or music damaging your ears. But that was in the days when there was a profit on beer, before the breweries and pub companies killed 'em all off. I used to talk to the guy who took over after Roger retired. Every time his sales increased so did his rent and his beer price. The guy was being bled dry.

Martin and Pete from Norfolk Arms have been asked to keep it open so I doubt it will be shut for long. If they start doing food in there the same as they do at Norfolk then I'm sure you won't be disappointed. They do a steak night on a Thursday at Norfolk - 2 meals for £20 beautiful ...

The attraction of The Thorncliffe was that it was an old fashioned boozer, but I suppose times change. Seems I'm stuck in time wishing I could turn back the clock.................

Thorncliffe ……… is that the one with the snooker table, the one-way system must have hit trade badly for the two pubs that are now “cut off”

Just had a word with Pete and Martin, the Thorncliffe is now open again and food will be served from next Monday 9th May onwards x

Thorncliffe ……… is that the one with the snooker table, the one-way system must have hit trade badly for the two pubs that are now “cut off”

You've got it, another brainwave from the planners. Another business bites the dust. :loopy:

Hi, does anyone know if Thorncliffe Arms has closed again? Telephone number seems to be out of action, thanks

Just to let you know The Thorncliffe Arms is most definitely open!

The telephone number is 0114 2455750 to book a table or to discuss private functions.