Abbeydale Primary school. Whats it like?

I'm moving to Netheredge soon with my 2 1/2 year old daughter. The school she would be going to is Abbeydale primary school. Now, I've tried looking up their website,but they don't seem to have one (crazy in this day and age ha) and it seems impossible to find anything out about this school. Do anybody's kids go there? what do you think of the school? any info would be much appreciated :)

Hi, my son is due to go there in January and I'm going to look round this friday. By all accounts it seems to be a really lovely school with good teachers. The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that most pupils do not have english as their first language. But I'm going to ask about that when I go there. I'll keep you posted!

I love schools with all different cultures, race, beliefs etc... But by all acconts there's virtually no White english people there which to me must seem intimidating to a White child. I love a good all round mix :)

I have a friend that teaches there who says that there is some bullying towards white children there, they are most definately in the minority, schools that are accessible also are clifford c of e infants, holt house, dobcroft, meersbrook bank, hunters bar, carfield and woodseats and I'd decide on that order tbh. We lived practically next door to abbeydale and I didn't see one white child in the playground.

I have a friend that teaches there who says that there is some bullying towards white children there, they are most definately in the minority, schools that are accessible also are clifford c of e infants, holt house, dobcroft, meersbrook bank, hunters bar, carfield and woodseats and I'd decide on that order tbh. We lived practically next door to abbeydale and I didn't see one white child in the playground.

That is what a fear, surely the teachers should nip it in the bud!!!!

Holt House is supposed to be a very good school, this is our catchment school and the one my husband went to as a child... albeit a long time ago now though! :)

Holt House does seem to have a good mix of children. The kids move up to Carterknowle Junior School which has a roughly 50/50 white to ethnic children.

Its over 90% muslim and whites do get a very rough ride there.

My kids go there and they love it. It is an excellent school and we've been very impressed with all aspects of the teaching and support they receive.

In my experience the schoolkids are very well behaved - discipline was one of the reasons I chose the school - and the school has always been very quick to react to any misbehaviour on the part of pupils.

I'm sure the school will be happy to show you around and if anyone wants a first hand account from a white parent then please pm me and we can meet for a coffee.