Ford fiesta tyre pressure indicator

Hi . Got a fiesta 2014 zetec 1.25 petrol . Its got low tyre pressure warning on dash computer . If i put some new alloy wheels on will it light up warning low

tyre pressure./ If i then reset it on dash will it go away :confused:

If not its going to make it very hard for firms selling alloys

Edited by spider1

I think, but don't quote me the original wheels have a Sensor inside to monitor the pressure. So if you do change the wheels you may need to have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System disabled

Had same problem with mine 2014 zetec there is a way of turning it off on your

Dash board ,,but it only comes back on after a while whatever wheels you fit you will find you need new sensors don’t really know why we need them on anyway

Ask at a ford dealership if it can be switched off with ids machine

Ask at a ford dealership if it can be switched off with ids machine[/quote

Seems as if you cant switch it off as its part of computer set up.

Looks like you have to take it in to dealers and they have to fit new sensors on tyre valve they wont give a price over phone . Seen some sensors on e/b for£160 and then you have to fit them and no guarantee they work

Looks like a mine field so dont think i will bother so beware this is put people of buying fiestas but prob they are going to do it on all cars in future ,

Part of new safety rules to stop driving on flat or low pressure :loopy:

---------- Post added 15-10-2017 at 09:37 ----------

Had same problem with mine 2014 zetec there is a way of turning it off on your

Dash board ,,but it only comes back on after a while whatever wheels you fit you will find you need new sensors don’t really know why we need them on anyway

New safety rules good idea in princaple but bad idea for motorist :loopy:

Its easy enough to reset on dash after a puncture etc

just dont buy no new or secondhand wheels :loopy::rant:

I think, but don't quote me the original wheels have a Sensor inside to monitor the pressure. So if you do change the wheels you may need to have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System disabled

I'd be surprised if it has TPMS being a fairly low spec model, (if it's standard fit that is pretty impressive though).

Some cars have a simulated TPMS using the ABS sensor to monitor wheel rotation IIRC.

I had a Civic with that (which malfunctioned and caused a dash light to come on)

I'd be surprised if it has TPMS being a fairly low spec model, (if it's standard fit that is pretty impressive though).

Some cars have a simulated TPMS using the ABS sensor to monitor wheel rotation IIRC.

I had a Civic with that (which malfunctioned and caused a dash light to come on)

Yes fiesta has T P M S on comes up in letters on dash LOW TYRE PRESSURE

and will not go off till you blow up tyres and reset computer // has sensor in valves :confused: