Ted Heath 'Would Be Formally Questioned' If Allegations Came Out Now

How many of these Tories, Politicians, Councillors and Celebs can they have let off the hook!?

Shocking..

Edward Heath: seven cases sifted from 1,580 lines of inquiry

Wiltshire police involved in Operation Conifer says seven sexual assault allegations were credible enough to warrant questioning

The former Tory prime minister Edward Heath

Steven Morris and Vikram Dodd

Thursday 5 October 2017 20.10 BST Last modified on

Wiltshire police investigated allegations of sex attacks made by 40 individuals against Edward Heath and concluded that, had the former prime minister still been alive, seven were serious enough to merit questioning him under caution.

The earliest allegation dates back to 1956 when Heath was an up-and-coming backbench MP; the last to 1992 by which time he would have been one of the best-known political figures in Britain, albeit one whose premiership ended in 1974.

Of the seven alleged offences deemed most credible by police, the victims ...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/05/ted-heath-would-have-been-questioned-under-caution-over-sex-assault-allegations

Edited by WestTinsley

Not shocking at all. The whiff of scandal has surrounded this man for decades.

If there is anything concrete to the allegations, it is wrong that they were never acted upon years ago.

If they are groundless, it is equally wrong that he was not given the opportunity to clear his name.

The establishment are culpable either way.

"The whiff of scandal has surrounded this man for decades"

no it hasn't. unlike Saville and Cyril Smith, there were no whispers about paedo-ism concerning Heath in the 1970s at all. Robert Armstrong, who was Heath's PPS when he was Prime Minister and who knew Heath even better than most PPS's know PM's because Heath was not married, had no suspicions at all - unlike Saville. When Thatcher gave Saville his knighthood, Armstrong counseled her not to. The paedo rumours surrounding Saville were well entrenched by that stage, just like they were with Cyril Smith - but not Heath.

obviously being unmarried Heath had to contend with people thinking he was gay thorughout his career. But everyone who knew him really well, like Denis Healey who was a big friend of Heath's for 70 years, always maintained Heath was asexual.

What about Leon Britton. Lord janner etc... why are all these politicians, celebs that are linked with scandal getting charges laid at their doors,Yet nothing sticks... just initial false accusations I guess??!

Like the celebs who've so far got off Scot free.. for god knows how many years..

What amazes me, more than anything, is why these allegations are made so many years after the event that no-one would be able to give an accurate account.

Memories fade, and the chance of finding evidence reduces.

What (apart from filling legal vultures pockets) does it really achieve?

It's called justice RollingJ..

He was the Tory PM to boot.

Ridiculous comment..

What about Leon Britton. Lord janner.

what about them, exactly. Those allegations weren't proved.

notice how WestTinsley seems to have an obsession with Tory MP's being guilty here. Even though Janner wasn't a Tory.

the only MP's I can think of who I am sure really WERE paedophiles, Tom Driberg and Cyril Smith, WEREN'T Tories either.

What about Leon Britton. Lord janner.

what about them, exactly. Those allegations weren't proved.

notice how WestTinsley seems to have an obsession with Tory MP's being guilty here. Even though Janner wasn't a Tory.

the only MP's I can think of who I am sure really WERE paedophiles, Tom Driberg and Cyril Smith, WEREN'T Tories either.

Are you unhinged.

Janner who you are defending got away Scot free.. so did britton and smith... they all have either by kicking the bucket quick or realizing they had Alzheimer's..

There was also a local ukip or was he lib dem councillor called Francis Butler.. but he got found out before time..

You sound like you're defending them ..

When I was at school in the 70s, I was beaten with a wooden stick by the teachers. I have informed the police, but they don't seem to want to investigate my historic crime ;)

Are you unhinged.

Janner who you are defending got away Scot free.. so did britton and smith... they all have either by kicking the bucket quick or realizing they had Alzheimer's..

There was also a local ukip or was he lib dem councillor called Francis Butler.. but he got found out before time..

You sound like you're defending them ..

You haven't got a clue as to whether Brittan or Hammer are guilty or not. And neither have I. Unlike you, however I do believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

It's bad that out of the allegations two were found to be completely false and one person was cautioned for making false statements.

Wiltshire police may be trying to divert attention from the quality of their investigation. Which on the face of it was not good.