Traffic on Stocksbridge bypass

Whats the traffic like coming off the Stocksbridge bypass at Tankersley going towards the M1 at around 8.30-9.00 on a weekday morning?

Whats the traffic like coming off the Stocksbridge bypass at Tankersley going towards the M1 at around 8.30-9.00 on a weekday morning?

Unless it's changed in the last couple of years, light.

It can queue as far back as Wortley on some days, as the A61 seems to get the priority on the roundabout. Even before 7.00am traffic is building, it is used by many lorries avoiding the M62 route

Thanks all. Just wondering if I might be better getting off at Wortley, down to the petrol station then back on the A61 or just sit in it and wait. Cant really take any back road short cuts as I'll have the caravan on the back.

.....I'll have the caravan on the back.

You must be strong.

Thanks all. Just wondering if I might be better getting off at Wortley, down to the petrol station then back on the A61 or just sit in it and wait. Cant really take any back road short cuts as I'll have the caravan on the back.

That junction by the petrol station is bad at the best of times, some poor fella was knocked off his bike there earlier this week.

Wouldn't fancy it at rush hour with a caravan in tow.

yes off at wortley, back towards sheff & left at Jet garage, then yo might have to queue at tankersley but it's probably quicker than sat in that queue on the stocky bypass - I would have advised nipping thru howbrook, but if you have a long load (chortle) might be best not

the junction at the jet is not great if you're heading back towards sheff, but provided the queue's not too bad you shouldn't be bothered by it