Parkway delays tonight

Just come down the Parkway heading for Sheffield - but the lanes heading for the M1 blocked right back from Mosborough by-pass exit to Wicker - any idea what has happened?

Think summats happened on Spital Hill

Think summats happened on Spital Hill

Something had happened on Spital Hill; I noticed an ambulance was parked on the wrong side off the road, just up from the tesco.

I don't know what the incident was though; traffic hadn't moved for several minutes so I did a U turn and headed home via another route.

What a fantastic road network we have in Sheffield, Thanks SCC!

Something happens on Spital Hill and so Parkway is rammed.

Great work SCC

Bloomin muppets!!

And the old routes which had four lanes travelling from West Bar to the Parkway were either obliterated by the Derek Dooley two lane stop and go road or turned into a bus gate.

Derek Dooley Way is no improvement on what we had before a two lane road replacing three other roads that had a total four lanes in places in either direction.

Ladies and gentlemen i give you Sheffield City Council planning featuring Mr Leigh Bramall and co.

Never miss a probably completely unrelated opportunity to have a go at some vaguely related hobbyhorse - A problem on Spital Hill causing tailbacks to Mosborough Parkway is tenuous at best, probably more likely to be a series of unrelated issues that all contributed to slightly heavier traffic in the peak than usual.

The OP said that the lanes going TO the M1 were solid from the Mosborough turn-off, backing up to The Wicker ... or not?

Never miss a probably completely unrelated opportunity to have a go at some vaguely related hobbyhorse -

Its fun, you should try it :)