Found: iPhone..

Found an iPhone in S8. It's been runover so the screen is smashed. PM me if you've lost one and tell me the case colour. Trying to report it to the police on 101 - phone is just ringing and ringing!

Can you answer it? Is it locked? If not, maybe you can ring one of the contacts and tell them you have their friends phone.

Why would the police be interested in a lost phone?

Can you answer it? Is it locked? If not, maybe you can ring one of the contacts and tell them you have their friends phone.

No the screen is completely bust so impossible to see what's going on with it. It rang a few times last night but we couldn't even work out how to answer it. Husband's going to try the SIM card in his work phone today to see what's on there if we can locate the owner.

Why would the police be interested in a lost phone?

Someone might have reported it as stolen.

No the screen is completely bust so impossible to see what's going on with it. It rang a few times last night but we couldn't even work out how to answer it. Husband's going to try the SIM card in his work phone today to see what's on there if we can locate the owner.

Someone might have reported it as stolen.

Or even just reported lost. A few years ago I dropped my wallet in Crookes and it was handed in to the police.

Use the serial number on the back to report it to an Apple store - they can contact the owner

Use the serial number on the back to report it to an Apple store - they can contact the owner

Brilliant - thank you! I shall try that now!

---------- Post added 07-07-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Tried sorting it out by phone - they need me to go into an Apple store ... Meadowhall. No idea when I'll get time to do that ...

Plug it into your PC/Mac, fire up itunes, back it up. There are many apps that will then allow you to view the contacts on your pc, such as iExplorer etc...