Fruitcakes in Town.

I have just got in from a trip to Town and to honest I wish I had not bothered.

Every step of the way from Tudor Square to Fargate to Moorfoot was full of nutcases protesting about something as well as each other.

Surrey Street was full of flag waving people who where protesting against islam and child molesters .

Fargate was full of people protesting against the protesters on Surrey Street.

On every corner as I walked towards Moorfoot someone else was stood on a box telling me that I will rot in hell or that I should worship some other God or other.

The Police joined in with all the fun by running about in close groups as though there was a war on and telling folk they could not walk this way or that.

So it seems as though the City centre is no longer the place for sane ,normal every day shoppers to visit in piece .

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Every step of the way from Tudor Square to Fargate to Moorfoot was full of nutcases protesting about something as well as each other.

Surrey Street was full of flag waving people who where protesting against islam and child molesters .

On every corner as I walked towards Moorfoot someone else was stood on a box telling me that I will rot in hell or that I should worship some other God or other.

The Police joined in with all the fun by running about in close groups as though there was a war on and telling folk they could not walk this way or that.

So it seems as though the City centre is no longer the place for sane ,normal every day shoppers to visit in piece .

Haven't they got anything better to do on a beautiful day like today?

These boring people should get themselves a hobby or two.

Fargate has been that way for years.

Sponsor this, survey that, sign to petition the other. It's like running a gauntlet to avoid them.

the lunatics took over the asylum years ago.In these days of political correctness they are now called the Council

Re: Fruitcakes in Town.

Well I was hoping you'd tell us where to buy fruitcakes in town.

Delicious ones, with juicy currants and sultanas, just-out-of-the-oven hot.

Really, I am very, very disappointed. This is posting under false pretences and you should be ashamed.

I'm pleased I went to the Matalan sale at Parkway Retail Park instead. Very busy, but a lot more civilised.

No shouting, no pushing, nobody demanding your signature or threatening you with eternal punishment in the fires of Hell.

Just lots of people queuing politely.

I think an EDL march was scheduled for today. And of course they'd attract other anti-EDL stuff. So that might be the reason. I try to avoid town on Saturdays if I can, due to marchers, chuggers, etc.

One of the reasons I never go to town, hate the place.

Well I was hoping you'd tell us where to buy fruitcakes in town.

Delicious ones, with juicy currants and sultanas, just-out-of-the-oven hot.

Really, I am very, very disappointed. This is posting under false pretences and you should be ashamed.

I'm pleased I went to the Matalan sale at Parkway Retail Park instead. Very busy, but a lot more civilised.

No shouting, no pushing, nobody demanding your signature or threatening you with eternal punishment in the fires of Hell.

Just lots of people queuing politely.

If only Castle Market was still around you'd be able to buy hot freshly baked fruitcakes without having to bother with all the nutters in the posh end of town.

If only Castle Market was still around you'd be able to buy hot freshly baked fruitcakes without having to bother with all the nutters in the posh end of town.

It is the posh nutters that are responsible for the demise of the poor peoples shopping area.

Fruitcake:hihi:

Yeah I know. It's such a drag living in a democracy.

Yeah I know. It's such a drag living in a democracy.

Bang on! I am going to apply for a council house in Monaco or perhaps San Marino.

Bang on! I am going to apply for a council house in Monaco or perhaps San Marino.

Some lovely condos available in North Korea I've heard.