Advice needed about "coolant" water for car ??

Usually if you've snapped the plastic handle off you can fish out the wire that it used to connect to and then pull on that with some mole-grips.

If it does does happen though it usually means the cable needs replacing along with the plastic handle.

Hi choogling,I remember the year vividly it was like the Arctic,one morning at 7am my wagon stuttered to a halt in the middle of Ladybower bridge!.The diesel had frozen like candlewax in the filter to the engine,we were stuck for hours because all the wagons in our fleet were in the same boat and we hadn,t enough mechanics to sort it out!.When one did turn up he fixed it by cleaning the filter then pouring a couple of gallons of petrol in with the diesel,I never forgot how cold it was!.

Would this have been 1981?

Would this have been 1981?

I guess it was or around that year,the snow was that bad the Hope Valley was cut off which happened a lot in the winters of the past!.One morning we reached the Moscar Top and stopped to observe that no one had ventured down towards Ladybower,you could just see the road under thick snow,with it being a steep hill downwards I decided to go for it!.I dared not stop so I kept going all the way to Bamford,we pulled up to our first drop,it was like a winter wonderland ghost town no one in sight!.We hadn,t got out of the cab when house doors opened people coming over to us asking"Where have you come from?",as though we had appeared by magic!.This happened everywhere we pulled up,we felt like celebrities one old lady said"You boys are heroes!",the locals were that used to being snowed in!.We sold every thing on the wagon people were panic buying and stocking up,later on in the week we ended up snowed in ourselves abandoning the wagon on the Surprise road and staying in the Bridge Inn Baslow for the night,that was a winter to remember!.

Edited by old tup
Missed location.

I guess it was or around that year,the snow was that bad the Hope Valley was cut off which happened a lot in the winters of the past!.One morning we reached the Moscar Top and stopped to observe that no one had ventured down towards Ladybower,you could just see the road under thick snow,with it being a steep hill downwards I decided to go for it!.I dared not stop so I kept going all the way to Bamford,we pulled up to our first drop,it was like a winter wonderland ghost town no one in sight!.We hadn,t got out of the cab when house doors opened people coming over to us asking"Where have you come from?",as though we had appeared by magic!.This happened everywhere we pulled up,we felt like celebrities one old lady said"You boys are heroes!",the locals were that used to being snowed in!.We sold every thing on the wagon people were panic buying and stocking up,later on in the week we ended up snowed in ourselves abandoning the wagon on the Surprise road and staying in the Bridge Inn for the night,that was a winter to remember!.

Thanks for that story Old Tup, very interesting