British gas homecare

Has anyone else made an appointment for a British gas homecare annual service? In previous years I've just gone on their website and picked a convenient appointment which was easy. But BG being BG have decided to be a pain. This year I started getting phone calls about 2 months before the service was due saying they have a appointment the following day/same day, can I book you in? Erm, no I work full time and I'm not booking time off at short notice for an non-emergency!! I ended up blocking their number as they were being such a nuisance and didn't reply to my complaint or listen when I said I wanted to book online nearer the time the service was due. So this week, I tried to book online and found I had a choice of just 3 dates in late November (none very convenient). When I queried this with them they said they could offer any day in November but as this was 'an additional option' their agents had to book appointments! I ended up accepting £30 to close the complaint but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what the best alternative to BG for this service are.

My ex had same sort of problems and when they came to do work on her boiler they left her with a water leak ,in end she dropped them and now just uses a local plumber to sort any issues out and service the boiler

We were with British Gas home care for 28 years never had a problem. we only changed because we needed a new boiler theirs were a bit on the dear side.

At this time of year they are very busy, so, take what you are offered. Next year book your service in the summer when they are not so busy.

The date for my boiler service is one day after my new contract starts, coincidence, I think not.

Better still, drop British Gas and get a service contract with a local company. I did this about 20 years ago and I'm still with the same company. Better service and cheaper.

Incidentally "Which?" say that the majority of people will save money not having a contract at all and just paying for any breakdowns and an annual service.

Better still, drop British Gas and get a service contract with a local company. I did this about 20 years ago and I'm still with the same company. Better service and cheaper.

Incidentally "Which?" say that the majority of people will save money not having a contract at all and just paying for any breakdowns and an annual service.

That is the way we do it. Always worked out cheaper.

That is the way we do it. Always worked out cheaper.

I agree as well. I use a Sheffield based company that offer the same contract based cover but a lot cheaper and a lot better. PM me and I can recommend you the company I use.

The date for my boiler service is one day after my new contract starts, coincidence, I think not.

They cancelled on me and moved it back 2 months, that cost them £60 compensation for not fulfilling the terms of the contract.