Sarah Champion MP to leave Shadow Cabinet

Nobody should be afraid to tell the truth. I've got a lot of respect for Champion and what she said was correct

Yes, they will miss her, she is a good MP, in my opinion.

it has now been revealed (to me at least) that corbyn sacked her(allegedly) , which suggest to me that he corbyn wants to sweep it under the carpet,

She also said in the report that, the biggest perpetrators of this crime are white males. but, just because she has mentioned the word Pakistani there is a big issue, and she had to "resign" over it. there is some thing not quit right with that?

Edited by kidley

it has now been revealed (to me at least) that corbyn sacked her, which suggest to me that he corbyn wants to sweep it under the carpet,

She also said in the report that, the biggest perpetrators of this crime are white males. but, just because she has mentioned the word Pakistani there is a big issue, and she had to "resign" over it. there is some thing not quit right with that?

The Labour Party only have themselves to blame.

She was parachuted in by head office as the local party was not trusted to select a candidate. Early indications of the type of person they had selected were revealed in the TV programme about new MP's. Her biggest crime was to write an article for the 'Scum', I wonder how much they paid her?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Champion_%28politician%29

The above does not say the date she joined the party.

We live in a scary world where a woman in power cannot say such things.

Absolutely gobsmacked.

Our Politicians are suppose to be there to represent us.

What she said, is what most people were thinking anyhow.

By uttering those words, she was speaking the truth and speaking up for us as well.

These types of 'uncomfortable conversations' need to be had, for the good of everybody.

Corbyn couldn't wait to accept her resignation, as it puts it on the back burner once again. He relies on the Muslim vote.

However, this type of problem is not confined just to Labour, Conservatives are just as bad for not wanting certain 'conversations' out in the open for fear of being branded a Racist, or an Islamophobe. Both words have now become meaningless anyway as they are bandied about willy nilly to anyone who dare accuse Muslims of anything that concerns us.

Most Politicians need to be much more brave in discussing such issues.

But don't hold your breath waiting.

I fear most politicians and player of age aren't aware of this being a real problem btw. I have witnessed this in Rotherham and seen what goes on.

I'm ashamed of this news article. Really am.

Yet again brilliant programme by Maajid Nawaz and once again he nails it.

"fear of discussing this because of backlash leads to hysteria increasing"

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 10:35 ----------

Sarah Champion is being used as a 'scapegoat' after warning of cultural link in child sex cases, critics claim

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/17/sarah-champion-used-scapegoat-warning-cultural-link-child-sex/

Trevor Philips, the former chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, told The Telegraph: "I am absolutely gobsmacked, this is not the Labour party I know, even in the darkest days I don't remember people being asked to stand down for trying to represent their constituents, which is what I think Sarah Champion was trying to do.

"We shouldn't have to have an argument about free speech, what this feels like is what we used to call democratic centralism in the Labour party, in other words Stalinism".

Edited by crazybaby

it has now been revealed (to me at least) that corbyn sacked her(allegedly) , which suggest to me that he corbyn wants to sweep it under the carpet,

How was it revealed to you, and by who? In his response to her resignation letter, Jeremy Corbyn said he looks forward to working with her again soon.

Breaking news: BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40952224 reports that she stepped-down "due to an extremely poor choice of words".

She had written in a newspaper column (The Sun) that Britain had a problem with Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls She was of course elected as Rotherham's MP in the middle of the previous Parliament when the 'grooming' scandal was first publicised by Andrew Norfolk of The Times.

Do you have a link to what she actually said? Word for word?