Beer Feast 2018

New event at Pic House in March!

Should be good with jules organising it, she knows her stuff

Should be good with jules organising it, she knows her stuff

Agree on that. However, I shall wait to see what other breweries are added; not too fond of paying £6.50 (plus booking fee) for a glass....

Agree on that. However, I shall wait to see what other breweries are added; not too fond of paying £6.50 (plus booking fee) for a glass....

Plus that's only for half a day as there are 2 separate sessions.

seems a bit expensive to me.

to put it into context, Dark City at Northern Monk was £16+booking fee just to get in, and then £2.50 a third for all beers. So if this fest is to have the same calibre of breweries as that then £6.50 is reasonable. Big if, though!

to put it into context, Dark City at Northern Monk was £16+booking fee just to get in, and then £2.50 a third for all beers. So if this fest is to have the same calibre of breweries as that then £6.50 is reasonable. Big if, though!

Would you be happy to pay to get into a venue, then have to pay for every song you listen to?

I find entrance charges a bit odd. The Rutland doesn't do them, or the Shakey.

Just added blackjack, black iris, turning point and lost industry

Would you be happy to pay to get into a venue, then have to pay for every song you listen to?

I find entrance charges a bit odd. The Rutland doesn't do them, or the Shakey.

In a pub yes. It's normal to pay to get into festivals. How much is reasonable depends on what's on offer - I definitely don't miss the days of buying tickets for a camra festival and not even knowing what beers are available til you get inside!

It does seem a bit odd that any pub venues would charge entrance fees to go into a beer festival, bearing in mind that everyone who goes in will buy at least ONE beer and depending on the strength of the first and the varieties of ales on offer, probably a lot more beers after that !

If it were to cover the cost of the glass to bring home, I think that surely the breweries should provide those for free as free advertising for them !

I must admit the entrance fees put me off going to the Kelham Island beer festival this year also, but maybe that's different as its not one pub :-(