Clean Eating and Pain

Hi all

For the last 18 months I was visiting the doctor regarding pains/aches/tinglings throughout my body.

Initially I thought I'd gone too heavy/hard in the gym and injured myself, but following numerous scans, x-rays and physio sessions, they cannot find anything wrong with me. Yet, I have a constantly stiff neck that has made me develop a twitch as I'm constantly stretching/cracking it. I have aches in my elbow and sciatic pain, even when just laying in bed.

I'm starting to wonder if it's psychological (stress/anxiety etc.), but also I've heard people say that 'clean eating' has helped them.

Has anyone experienced clean eating easing physical issues? I'm an advocate of certain foods having certain medicinal properties, but never actually spoken to anyone who has tried this successfully.

Did you figure out your problem?

Do you have to take Statins?

these can lead to all kinds of weird pains and especially sciatic type pains.

On 08/10/2020 at 23:42, Organgrinder said:

Do you have to take Statins?

these can lead to all kinds of weird pains and especially sciatic type pains.

Correct ! I have friends who since coming off statins have reduced or permanently eliminated severe back pain.

Not sure whether this section is the one to post this in but think this subject needs discussion. I’ve suffered from IBS( Irritable Bowel Syndrome) for many years. I’ve just been reading in The Mail On Sunday that one of the main causes of IBS are the acid reducing pills called Proton Pump Inhibitors for example :Omeprazole and Lansoprazole. I take Omeprazole once or twice a day to reduce the acid in my blood pressure pill and painkillers( Tramadol) I would like to give the painkillers and blood pressure tablets up so that I don’t have to take the Proton Pump Inhibitors to see if it is this drug ( Omeprazole) that is causing my IBS, but how can I do this ? One thing can be causing another thing. ! If so this needs carefully looking into. Does anyone else in this group suffer from IBS and who are taking Omeprazole or Lansoprazole ? Your thoughts on this would be welcome.

Hi Patricia. I also take Lansoprazole to counteract the effects of other pills including BP medication. I've been on them for nearly 3 years now. Within the first year I suffered with IBS for about 6 months. Then it cleared up for a couple of months before returning for a brief period. I've not had it now for nearly 2 years. To be honest I put the IBS down to stress caused by my husband's ongoing severe health problems. I continue to take my medication as I think for me personally it's safer to do so and as I said the IBS isn't too much of an issue. Hope this is of interest to you. 🙋