Building Near Ski Village?

Does anyone know what is happening next to the old Ski Village? The south-facing slopes to the west appear to be getting covered with some sort of white cladding but I can't make out what it is. Is it connected with the proposed outdoor activity centre?

A big bonfire being built

Ski village to come back to life according to LN, it is going to become a ski village again. Is going to be £22m invested to make it all happen. More news to be released tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42157424

"It is hoped it will reinforce Sheffield's reputation as "The Outdoor City" and could include an indoor ski diving centre, live music and a virtual reality hub.

An outdoor mountain bike track, indoor climbing wall and snow sports centre have also been suggested, and restaurants, bars, shops and hotels will be built in later phases."

I'm not sure what 'indoor ski diving' is. I expect they mean indoor skydiving..

Edited by Robin-H

Unless they sort out the access problem in getting there then it will suffer the same fate. Can you get there by bus.. no, can you get there by coach.. maybe but it depends on the coach size. The only other way is by private transport, ie car, which seems odd as SCC are normally against cars.

Unless they sort out the access problem in getting there then it will suffer the same fate. Can you get there by bus.. no, can you get there by coach.. maybe but it depends on the coach size. The only other way is by private transport, ie car, which seems odd as SCC are normally against cars.

I would imagine if this company is going to spend £22m they will have looked at this problem and have some sort of plan on how to get customers there on public transport.

Access - cable cars from Shalesmoor were supposedly planned at one time years ago - would be a good tourist attraction I would imagine.

1. Spend 22m

2. Insure for 50m

3.????

4. Profit