Another new pub coming to Ecclesall Road - The Portland House

The name, The Portland House, screamed Wetherspoons at me for a minute then! I must have had too many nights out in Chesterfield. I think I've been twice. Once was enough :hihi:

This should do quite well! Their first pub? I wish them the best of luck :)

Mumbai curry house has recently closed, windows whitewashed as if being refurbed but no signs of work there.

Swindens estate agency next to Nonnas also looks like it's being cleared out so maybe there ?

Mumbai curry house has recently closed, windows whitewashed as if being refurbed but no signs of work there.

Swindens estate agency next to Nonnas also looks like it's being cleared out so maybe there ?

There are a few possible locations on there, such as the old Cafe Rouge site or the old Slug & Fiddle site.

There are a few possible locations on there, such as the old Cafe Rouge site or the old Slug & Fiddle site.

I think it's going to be pretty much opposite the Nursery Tav.....I was told, but was concentrating on my booze at the time!

I think it's going to be pretty much opposite the Nursery Tav.....I was told, but was concentrating on my booze at the time!

Slug and Fiddle then....would be nice to see that old place opened up again, bit of an eyesore in it's current state.

I'd heard it is a micropub in the unit that was previously Cooplands sandwich shop.

I'd heard it is a micropub in the unit that was previously Cooplands sandwich shop.

A colleague who seems to know about these things can't see how these micropubs can last because they can't physically get enough customers in to sell enough product to make a realistic profit. They must be hobby businesses.

I can't imagine it at the old cooplands :/

A colleague who seems to know about these things can't see how these micropubs can last because they can't physically get enough customers in to sell enough product to make a realistic profit. They must be hobby businesses.

Lower overheads and smaller (but quality) product range

The one near Hunters Bar seems to do well with passing teatime trade at the minute.