LittleDale shop still charging £1.00 for cards

Most people with credit cards did run up debts.

And a lot of people use credit cards for the cashback benefits to them without running up debts

I can't find any statistics that show whether using a CC is likely to encourage greater debts that not having one.

I can't find any statistics that show whether using a CC is likely to encourage greater debts that not having one.

How about the shear amount of people that I have heard saying that they have got into difficulty with credit cards.

It should be obvious that you are more likely to get into debt with a credit card than paying with money you already have.

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 15:15 ----------

Anyway, we've established that some places DID charge for debit cards as well as credit, but anyway there are plenty of good reasons to use a CC, which don't involve being feckless or running up lots of debt.

It was never unestablished, not by me anyway. I never said nobody charged for using a debit card.

You didn't mean to imply it then?

How is a law against charging for card fee's anything to do with personal debt?

If you aren't going into debt you can use a debit card which I have never been charged for

Why mention that you've never been charged for it, unless you meant to imply that people aren't charged for it? It seems pretty obvious that you were saying, use a debit card because you won't be charged.

But that's not true.

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 15:28 ----------

How about the shear amount of people that I have heard saying that they have got into difficulty with credit cards.

It should be obvious that you are more likely to get into debt with a credit card than paying with money you already have.

You've taken your anecdotal evidence and somehow extrapolated it to "most".

Most people with credit cards did run up debts.

Everyone I know has a credit card, none of them have debt problems. If I were to use your logic I'd say that having a credit card guarantees that you won't get into debt.

Why mention that you've never been charged for it, unless you meant to imply that people aren't charged for it? It seems pretty obvious that you were saying, use a debit card because you won't be charged.

But that's not true.

Because I have never been charged for it.

Everyone I know has a credit card, none of them have debt problems. If I were to use your logic I'd say that having a credit card guarantees that you won't get into debt.

That's just people who you know.

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 15:45 ----------

But that's not true.

You mentioned something about changing a law having an effect ? I have no idea.

Yes, it's just people I know. That was the point. You are basing your opinion on 'just people you know' and drawing an erroneous conclusion from your anecdotes.

Yes, it's just people I know. That was the point. You are basing your opinion on 'just people you know' and drawing an erroneous conclusion from your anecdotes.

I'm drawing nothing from anything. I have never been charged for using it because I ask first and if they charge I don't use it hence I have never been charged.

Re use your bags the shops are not doing it to cover costs and money they charge has to go to charity !We need to cut down on plastic, report the shop if you think they are doing wrong

Re use your bags the shops are not doing it to cover costs and money they charge has to go to charity !We need to cut down on plastic, report the shop if you think they are doing wrong

Poundland would like a word. They have now stopped doing 5p bags all together, opting to sell the 10p "reusable" carriers. Doing it this way means that they get to keep all the profits from the bags, and donate bugger all to charity.

I could be wrong, but I think the Sainsburys 5p bags are now classed as reusable, so again get to keep all profits from the sale of the bags.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the bold text having read through THIS

Edited by pearlt072

Poundland would like a word. They have now stopped doing 5p bags all together, opting to sell the 10p "reusable" carriers. Doing it this way means that they get to keep all the profits from the bags, and donate bugger all to charity.

I could be wrong, but I think the Sainsburys 5p bags are now classed as reusable, so again get to keep all profits from the sale of the bags.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the bold text having read through THIS

You do know that the 5p bags charge is such that the shops can't even deduct the cost of the bags, only reasonable admin costs so the rest has to go to charity.

Morrisons and Asda have done away with 5p bags and I believe Tesco has. Charity my foot, it's another way to rip off the British public. Why can't they provide paper carrier bags like they did in the "Old days", Primark does.