Car insurance, rear end shunt.

Recently my car has been in a three car shunt we were stood in traffic and rear-ended by a car that was rear-ended by a young lass who say’s she never saw the bright red car she shunted into me admitted liability in front of witnesses on the spot and her insurers have acknowledged this, the damage is not great but three day’s work in the garage, the thing is I have to pay the excess on something that was not our fault now I don’t mind if it was under different circumstances but not like this.

My insurers have said if I use a garage of their choice I pay nothing, not even the excess, my garage say’s you have to pay it regardless of who you use and you can claim it back, who to believe.

So my question is can I claim the excess back, how and from where I presume from my insurers Admiral, any one come across this. :(

Clearly your insurers are to be believed, if they tell you outright that you don't have to pay the excess, then you don't have to pay it. They're hardly going to lie to you are they.

Yes, you would claim it back, through your insurance company but ultimately from the insurance company of the driver at fault.

Well mec, admiral is your broker that uses many companies.I have had a year of p about with them for a non fault where my car was scrapped.The third party will eventually pay your excess.Hope you get this dealt with quickly and don't forget to check your car when its returned.

I'd press Admiral to let you use the garage of your choice and pay tyhe excess. In my experience, if you make a bit of a fuss, they soon get to see things your way:)

You do have to pay the excess, but in the event of a no fault accident, it is refunded to you on completion of the claim.

Same thing happened to me while queuing at the traffic lights at South Anston. Car behind me never stopped and shunted me into the car in front.

Car in front claimed off me, I claimed off car at rear for both. Got excess back after about four weeks after completion if I remember correctly.

Recently my car has been in a three car shunt we were stood in traffic and rear-ended by a car that was rear-ended by a young lass who say’s she never saw the bright red car she shunted into me admitted liability in front of witnesses on the spot and her insurers have acknowledged this, the damage is not great but three day’s work in the garage, the thing is I have to pay the excess on something that was not our fault now I don’t mind if it was under different circumstances but not like this.

My insurers have said if I use a garage of their choice I pay nothing, not even the excess, my garage say’s you have to pay it regardless of who you use and you can claim it back, who to believe.

So my question is can I claim the excess back, how and from where I presume from my insurers Admiral, any one come across this. :(

Why do you want the agro do as admiral says they dont use bodgers :loopy: What if your garage makes a mess keep it simple

Edited by spider1

Thank you gentlemen for your input, Admiral Law inform me that whether you choose to use a garage of your own choice or one suggested by Admiral you still have to pay the excess and then they claim it back from the other person’s insurers and reimburse me, forms to fill in receipt for proof of payment, takes about four weeks, just needed your opinions before talking to Admiral.