New Ale House - The Itchy Pig, Broomhill

I'm 'itching' to ask where they got that Singer from on the right when you go in.

It's identical to my Grandmas old one, and it's not a common thing (I don't think). My mum lives up that way and got rid some years ago, but can't remember where to.

It’s the same as my mum’s too! They’re very common! Check eBay if you’re trying to sell one - not worth much.

I'm 'itching' to ask where they got that Singer from on the right when you go in.

It's identical to my Grandmas old one, and it's not a common thing (I don't think). My mum lives up that way and got rid some years ago, but can't remember where to.

My Grandma had exactly the same machine as well!!!! There cant be many of these around today

the old place boozer have got a offer on up until monday any drink half price/the bloomery

I'll see if I can find out next time I go in. The young lad who owns the place made all the furniture in there, including the bar, by hand. If you look closely, you will see that the "tables" are made of old doors that he recycled. The bar is the same and the top is full of 2p coins, and the shiny ones spell out "the itchy pig".

Heard this week that he has built a small mobile bar, same as the main bar, that can be hired out (with staff) for weddings, birthdays and stuff, called "The Itchy Piglet", and he is also taking that to Sheffield Eagles rugby games, as he is the official beer supplier, or something like that.

Great place, as everyone says, never a bad beer on, always a porter or stout on.

Popped in The Itchy Pig after work yesterday teatime, what a great little place, nice pint of Black Rat and a glass of Ghost Chilli scratchings, definitely go again...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Popped in The Itchy Pig after work yesterday teatime, what a great little place, nice pint of Black Rat and a glass of Ghost Chilli scratchings, definitely go again...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great little bar,went in one in Chesterfield last week called Beer Parlour,good thing is the folk that go in are friendly and chatty,well those that we meet are.

Great little bar,went in one in Chesterfield last week called Beer Parlour,good thing is the folk that go in are friendly and chatty,well those that we meet are.

There seems to be a few of these kind of places popping up nowadays, great if you don't fancy the usual kind of pub...

There seems to be a few of these kind of places popping up nowadays, great if you don't fancy the usual kind of pub...

Been in beer house on Eccy road this week,nice place.

It's a horrible name!

Too right, what idiots think these names up.

Too right, what idiots think these names up.

It's just a fun name, referring to pork scratchings that's all...

---------- Post added 25-02-2018 at 13:14 ----------

Been in beer house on Eccy road this week,nice place.

There has been one on South Rd for a couple of years now, the Walkley Beer Co, but every time i walk past it's closed...

It's just a fun name, referring to pork scratchings that's all...

---------- Post added 25-02-2018 at 13:14 ----------

There has been one on South Rd for a couple of years now, the Walkley Beer Co, but every time i walk past it's closed...

Walkley beer co is open Thursday to Sunday. 4 till 10 Thursday and Sunday, 2 till 10 Friday and Saturday. I will be popping in later this afternoon

Walkley beer co is open Thursday to Sunday. 4 till 10 Thursday and Sunday, 2 till 10 Friday and Saturday. I will be popping in later this afternoon

Cheers Taxman, i walk a lot through that way in the summer, will give it a visit..