Clubhouse, London rd.

Saw it was 5 out of 1100 odd on tripadvisor... Thought must be a glitch but went in anyway.

Was absolutely awesome, one of the best burger platters I've ever had and cost less than eating at some chain pubs... Solidly recommend.

Saw it was 5 out of 1100 odd on tripadvisor... Thought must be a glitch but went in anyway.

Was absolutely awesome, one of the best burger platters I've ever had and cost less than eating at some chain pubs... Solidly recommend.

Must've gotten better then, since it was the Scholar.

Independently run now rather than part of a chain aimed at students!

Its a sports bar so nothing fancy, menu is mainly burgers plus pub grub favourites but done well and there is usually something worth drinking on the beer front too.

Whenever I've been in for beer and burger I've enjoyed it.

I went in for a beer last week. I was pleasantly surprised. A big improvement on the old Hermitage. :)

I go regularly.

Great for watching sport,very good service and the food is basic but good.

Have always said that the lay out with a nice long bar and plenty of room and a pool table is excellent and now it seems to be living up to its potential.