Strike Action - Public Service - 30th November

Sorry I can't see a thread on this already....

Does anyone know what services will be affected by the strikes on the 30th November?

Also are you striking yourself?

potentially many services to some degree, unions involved cover NHS, local govt, teachers etc.

Fire and Police are unaffected, thats a bonus!

good luck to them though imho its a deserved action. Francis Maude asking them to strike for 15mins so they wouldnt lose pay, what a tool.

Sorry I can't see a thread on this already....

Does anyone know what services will be affected by the strikes on the 30th November?

Also are you striking yourself?

been told that vital services like the boozers and betting shops will not be effected.....and the curry houses will still be open....not to worry

I work in a south yorks hospital and support for the strike is solid - us oldies know what tories do to the north of england and are willing to lose pay to protest, the 1 day strike will cost me £100 I could do without losing, but what a bargain - the chance to be amongst (hopefully) millions of people saying 'go screw' to the tory and lib dem ******** who will strip this city and it's people bare - my kid will be in the job market in a few years and there are already a million young people jobless while the rich award themselves with top dollar bonuses for making a **** of the economy.

mad as hell.

support the strike whatever you do, it's the only focussed resistance you'll have the chance to experience.

oh, another strike/protest/riot?

ho hum, its getting all a bit sameish. maybe it is time to do something that the big wigs will actually notice.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November? lol.

Tbh, I don't even bother to find out what the strikes/protests/riots are over any more- they seem to happen bi-weekly somewhere in the country.

Actually, a lot of the petitions on the government site seem to get a lot of air coverage on the radio whenever one hits 100,000 signatures.....and they do discuss them in parliament.

Isn't this what the petitions is for? To stop disruption?

Edited by Scozzie

I work in a south yorks hospital and support for the strike is solid - us oldies know what tories do to the north of england and are willing to lose pay to protest, the 1 day strike will cost me £100 I could do without losing, but what a bargain - the chance to be amongst (hopefully) millions of people saying 'go screw' to the tory and lib dem ******** who will strip this city and it's people bare - my kid will be in the job market in a few years and there are already a million young people jobless while the rich award themselves with top dollar bonuses for making a **** of the economy.

mad as hell.

support the strike whatever you do, it's the only focussed resistance you'll have the chance to experience.

So you'll be £100 down that you say you could do without losing but you'll get the chance as to say go screw you to the government. And in all honestly the strike won't make a blind bit of difference, but hey it's only cost you £100 you could do without losing.

I don't think Francis Maude would have made his ludicrous suggestion that people could just opt to strike for 15 minutes if he didn't think that the planned strike could 'make a blind bit of difference'. There are a heck of a lot of people going to be on strike on 30th November.

I don't think Francis Maude would have made his ludicrous suggestion that people could just opt to strike for 15 minutes if he didn't think that the planned strike could 'make a blind bit of difference'. There are a heck of a lot of people going to be on strike on 30th November.

Wasn't Francis Maude's 15 minutes comment more to do with strikers not losing a day pay then been worried about the strike actually making a difference.

Nurses etc... I understand but civil servants should not be wanting a higher pay. For what we do its justified. A very easy job. Civil servant office workers especially in dwp have it ssooo easy. Employee shared service staff in dwp dont know how easy they have it for the money they get! Home office staff have it very easy in work permits uk too, a certain caseload each day, punch in a few details, match or dot match the criteria, send out a generic letter, done.

Nurses i understand like i said.

Edited by iphonelover

Guest sibon
Wasn't Francis Maude's 15 minutes comment more to do with strikers not losing a day pay then been worried about the strike actually making a difference.

If you take the word of a Tory minister to be the truth, prepare yourself for a lifetime of disappointment.

Guest sibon
Nurses etc... I understand but civil servants should not be wanting a higher pay. For what we do its justifies itself! Civil servant office workers in dwp have it ssooo easy.

Nobody wants higher pay. Most of us will settle for paying the same rate of income tax as everyone else.

If you take the word of a Tory minister to be the truth, prepare yourself for a lifetime of disappointment.

I think the same could be said for most government ministers, regardless of what party is in power.