Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

Just caught the last few seconds of Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight. He 'summarised' the above, in a manner as if it was breaking news. Nothing on the main news websites. Anybody got any further information and/or footage?

can you not give us a bit more detail then?

Well, there's an interesting part story :rolleyes:

We don't seem to have any information on the police officer's injuries, although the pair seem to have fallen down a flight of stairs :suspect:

i seen the punches on the news a minute back, it's no wonder people are critiscising the police.

if vigliante action is not to be tolerated, neither should police who conduct themselves in the manner a vigliante would

you can see a woman on the ground with an officer laid on top administering 5 punches towards the head of the woman, with other officers surrounding.

No indication as to how she came to have her trousers around her ankles then?

If anybody is interested, you can right click the bottom of the stairs and 'zoom in' for a better view of the incident itself

Utterly disgraceful. A total failure on the part of the police. The woman was lying down on her back at the time and could and should have been handled differently.

Is anyone actually surprised by the behaviour of the police? Its nothing new is it?.